RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Fact: people are morons.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Back Marker

Liquidogged is on a distinguished road
Fact: people are morons.

So for the second time in as many months, some jackass has knocked down my hawk while it was parked next to my apartment building, and walked away without leaving so much as a note. I just come out and find the poor girl lying on her side. The first time it was on the left side, bye-bye clutch lever, or I guess I should say hello shorty clutch lever. This time it was on the right side: bye-bye most of the brake lever, bye-bye whatever bolt holds my rear brake reservoir onto the subframe, and hello scratches on my engine case, tail, and devil high mounts. At least the bike is mostly fightered-out already and so has no fairings to worry about.

I just don't understand why a person would damage someone's property and then just leave it there. It's not another car with a scratch on the bumper - the damn thing is lying on its side, leaking **** everywhere. If I ever find out who did it... let's just say they will understand on that day that actions have consequences.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:07 PM
guru of things sparky
SuperSport

Circuit_Burner is on a distinguished road
Mental midgets surround us ...
Old 06-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Back Marker

super duper hawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Liquidogged
So for the second time in as many months, some jackass has knocked down my hawk while it was parked next to my apartment building, and walked away without leaving so much as a note. I just come out and find the poor girl lying on her side. The first time it was on the left side, bye-bye clutch lever, or I guess I should say hello shorty clutch lever. This time it was on the right side: bye-bye most of the brake lever, bye-bye whatever bolt holds my rear brake reservoir onto the subframe, and hello scratches on my engine case, tail, and devil high mounts. At least the bike is mostly fightered-out already and so has no fairings to worry about.

I just don't understand why a person would damage someone's property and then just leave it there. It's not another car with a scratch on the bumper - the damn thing is lying on its side, leaking **** everywhere. If I ever find out who did it... let's just say they will understand on that day that actions have consequences.

Don't you wish you could get your hands on the person who did that?
Old 06-21-2009, 05:43 PM
I don't need any Meds
Superstock

5150 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Liquidogged

two times this has happened? no accident you sir have pissed some one off some where.. cut some one off in traffic who knows where you live but is too much of a sissy to talk to you face to face. Maybe an ex you came on her face and hair right after she got a perm and you snickered at her with out a sorry.

think hard. remember that kid in the apts that you took his ball or frisbee and threw it on the roof? lol think hard you know who is knocking the bike over if you really think about it long enough.

And when you find out dont do anything rash, just super glue the ******* hands to your rear seat and go for a two mile ride, or till his shoes run out of rubber either way- good times.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:24 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure. The bike is lower than most cages and difficult to see especially over the back. Look at where you're parking, look at making some changes to be sure it's out of the traffic flow.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:48 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nuhawk

I'm not sure. The bike is lower than most cages and difficult to see especially over the back. Look at where you're parking, look at making some changes to be sure it's out of the traffic flow.

Yep... And get crash protectors... That saves the other things from going to pieces...
Old 06-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Back Marker

Interesting update:
I left a note under the windshield wiper of the car parked next to my bike, which had some suspicious scratches on its bumper. (Though it's Chicago and every car has scratched bumpers.) I kept it short and polite and included my email address. The next day I got an email from the woman who owns the car.

She claims that as she was trying to park, a bicyclist passed her on the inside and clipped my bike, knocking it over. (He must have it hit it pretty hard, but it's possible he didn't see it and the orientation of everything involved makes sense here.) Apparently she asked him if he was going to leave it like that, and he told her to beat him up if she was so concerned about it, then took off.

Not sure if I buy all that but at least I got a response. And yeah, I think frame sliders are in order. Hell if this keeps up I'll have to wrap the thing in styrofoam whenever I'm not riding it.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:59 AM
Back Marker

And thanks for the responses, guys. My roomies were just like... so why do you have the bike then? Sigh...