RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

expensive weekends

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Back Marker

toy4xchris is on a distinguished road
expensive weekends

Why is it that when you are rolling budget style and trying to have a nice get away weekend everything goes wrong? The weekend started out ok was heading to northern cal with my friend to ride with my family on hwy 9. So we had to haul the bikes with my truck cuz had to take the dog with us. So problem start about 80 miles into the 350 mile drive I blew a headgasket in my dodge. It wasn't to bad so wee limped it all the way to San Jose. So during the drive my friends supposed g/f or what ever she considers herself goes crazy with my friend on the phone so I got to listen to that all the way. We get up north and I manage to blow a fork seal on the 954 forks I just recently installed on the vtr. There was way to many people in slow cars on the roads to have any real fun. then on the way home decided to try and drive the dodge back to my house in So Cal went through about 3 gallons of coolant on the way home and a quart of oil turns out the turbo was boosting the coolant out of the overflow bottle and the oil out of the crankcase vent yay. All in all this weekend got pretty dang expensive.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:41 PM
SuperSport

zmaniv is on a distinguished road
That sucks sorry dude
Old 03-28-2010, 09:52 PM
SuperSport

ranchomice is on a distinguished road
I live in Nor Cal, where's HWY 9? Next time your up here, contact me man, I could have maybe helped you out or at least rode with you up here.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
That's what you get for coming to my hood without saying anything...... Well I'm still waiting on a chain but 9?? it was good 10yrs ago but with the traffic and all, there are so many other good roads in the area..... Next time you come this way, let me know and I'll take you over Mt Ham and out Mines.... now that's a good ride.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ranchomice
I live in Nor Cal, where's HWY 9? Next time your up here, contact me man, I could have maybe helped you out or at least rode with you up here.
Well I can show you if you ever make it out this way
Old 03-28-2010, 10:12 PM
medium fast guy
Back Marker

trackdayhawk is on a distinguished road
Tough weekend, how's this......
I drive 5 hours Saturday to pick up a new to me, perfect, low mileage 1999 Triumph Daytona 955. I unload the bike from the trailer and am unloading the truck with the extras the previous owner included, when my neighbor pulls in the driveway to see what's going on. He jumps on the bike and starts dropping hints that he wants to take it for a spin, son is home from college and he wants him to see it, etc, etc. I say "maybe later" he starts whining that he wants son Dan to see it, and he just wants to ride it across the street. I let him. Through the trees, I see him go in his house and get his helmet, and he's off down the street. I'm mildly pissed. He goes up to the end of the street and turns around. I hear him coming, so I'm standing in the driveway watching as he dumps the bike turning in the driveway. I can't believe what I'm seeing. My new effing bike is sliding across the pavement. I extemely pissed. $1500 in parts. Of course he says how sorry he is and how he'll make it right, etc, etc. Did I mention he's been laid off for the last 9 mos? How's that?
Old 03-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Back Marker

toy4xchris is on a distinguished road
wow now that sucks man sorry to hear that once again another reason I will rarely ever let anyone ride my bike unless I fully trust them.