RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

dick police

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Superstock

maniac2313 is on a distinguished road
dick police

So I guess was rushing to get parts back to my shop and I made what I thought was a legal right on red come to find out they made it a no turn on red within the last two weeks... so I get pulled over 200 feet from my shop I explain to the officer who I am (i repair the towns police cars and most officers personal vehicles) apologize for turning on red and the oficer explained its a new sign... as i was in a rush i left my license in my tool box so i gave the officer my license number it comes back clean he pulls me out searches my car and at the end of questioning me he gives me a ticket for not having my license on me... not that I expect to be able to do what I want because i fix their cars (had one in the shop at the time) but to give me a ticket for not having documentation when I could easily walk over and grab it is a bit over board at least give me the turning on red ticket (as its a new sign it would easily be dropped in court) and to tell me you did me a favor by giving me a $180ticket is absurd especially when ihad fixed his sons car the week before for the price of parts... I will never help another one of them nor will their cars get special rush treatment the next one may sit for days as they cant go anywhere else (under contract with me)
Old 04-23-2012, 06:08 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
they are doing it for your protection....
Old 04-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Superstock

I never thought about that... I guess with all the shootings in the ghetto (where the shop is) I overlooked that they had to protect me by taking my money!!! Thanks for the insight i feel better now lol!!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
He probably figured you were cruising for crack, either the smoking kind or the ****ing kind. Is this area what is generally known as a "Zero Tolerance" area? Many cities have parts of the city where the cops have announced that they will enforce the letter of the law to the max, no excuses.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Superstock

No not like that... and like i said they all know me i fix their cars this particular officer had his sons car in for service and i only charged him for my cost on parts... the kick in the ***** was that he gave me the more expensive ticket and said he cut me a break... oh well like i said i will no longer eush to get their vehicles done weather it be the police vehicles or their personal vehicles...
Old 04-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Make sure they pay full price, you are.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Squid

George H Hill is on a distinguished road
Be the Good Citizen... Pay the ticket. Smile. Be the bigger man. And when he eventually brings his car in - SOAK THE CRAP OUT OF HIM on Every Single Item You Can. Then tell him you did him a Favor.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:44 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I'm OK with this! Hoorah!
Old 04-23-2012, 08:48 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
And especially the part about the favor!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:31 PM
GTS
Seasoned tech
SuperSport

GTS is on a distinguished road
That's pretty lame. I had an a-hole cop give me a ticket awhile back when we had some snow on the ground. The guy was a total douche bag and even my friend in the car with me, was commenting on how big of a dick he was. I spoke with his sargent later and he said the guys is kind of that way and was going to have another talk with him. Luckily the prosecuting attorney never sent me discovery before the court date so I got the ticket dropped.

Make sure you contest it and request discovery from both the court and the prosecuting attorny's office. In WA if they don't file it in 5 days they have to drop it. Also if they don't send you discovery with enough time to prepare your case, I want to say something like 7 days prior to the hearing, they have to drop it. Look for anything incorrect on the police report and they'll have to drop it.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:42 PM
Bike needs an outboard
Squid

Mike4058 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by maniac2313
No not like that... and like i said they all know me i fix their cars this particular officer had his sons car in for service and i only charged him for my cost on parts... the kick in the ***** was that he gave me the more expensive ticket and said he cut me a break... oh well like i said i will no longer eush to get their vehicles done weather it be the police vehicles or their personal vehicles...
Don't shoot yourself in the foot if they are good customers. Simply do business as usual with the rest of them. Charge this cop full price, always make sure his car is the last on the list and alway be sure to report any neglect or damage he has caused to his cruiser. When he comes to you because he is getting bitch at for not taking car of his car tell him you where doing him a favor looking his cruiser over so carefully.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:43 AM
Back Marker

Fozzy Bear is on a distinguished road
"Sorry officer, I have no idea how that bag of half eaten prawns got under your seat on this nice sunny day"
Old 04-28-2012, 08:54 AM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
Whoa Nellie. . .Separate it out. Don't spread your anger across the entire police force, focus on the issue at hand. His cruiser repair won't come out of his pocket, rather it is paid for out of the taxes you pay as a citizen.

The issue is an unfair ticket.

On the last day you have to respond, go to the clerk's office and ask for an extension and a court date. Then repeat one more time. Twelve weeks from now, in court, be calm and reasonable, be clear on why you feel wronged. Ask for a dismissal. If a dismissal isn't granted, ask for a reduction of the fine to $0.00 and forgiveness of the court costs while pleading poverty because you work with your hands.

There is a chance the police officer won't show up, in that case ask for dismissal on the grounds of 'no witness to the crime'.

The very worst that can happen is for the court to take the original fine. You may prevail and if you don't, you're not worse off.

I've been rousted by so many moronic cops since 1968 that it's almost a game for me these days. Best of luck out there.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:05 AM
Squid

b1m3x8 is on a distinguished road
Most cops give out that ticket and then drop it when you bring your documentation to court.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Squid

kickerfox is on a distinguished road
I guess you'll have to raise your rates to cover these unforscene expenses.