RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Another GUN thread?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 03:48 AM
Back Marker

aka Yamadog is on a distinguished road
Another GUN thread?

Got your attention...sorry that was too easy.

Anyway, took the Superhawk for a ride for the first time since the doc cleared me for "driving". I installed the Velocity stacks that MLKSTR so effeciently had made (thanks dude!) I didn't re-jet or do any tuning. Front end floats as she passes through 7100 rpm in third gear with 2/3 throttle! Damn. Well, I slowed down and decided to work my way through traffic to the other side of the county to a favorite road. I notice this yellow toyota FJ Crusier 'drafting' 5 feet off my rear wheel. I'm already in the right lane of a 5 lane surface street with lights every block. So I rise up anf put left hand on hip, and ever so slightly ease off the throttle. Yellow Touota changes lanes and goes around me, good. We both make a right after stopping at the next light. I stay in the R lane he goes to the left lane and moves on...but he comes to a slow driver in his lane and once again I'm next to him. I decide that he must be in a hurry so I back off to give him room in front of me to go around the slow left lane driver...he does. We both get by slow driver and yellow toyota SLAMS ON HIS BRAKES! He makes a hard left turn accross 4 lanes of traffic (slow driver and all) into an apartment complex. Course, I'm watching him and not really surprised...BUT...I am pissed off. I then follow the ******* at a 3 to 5 second interval for the next 70 miles as he tries everything to evade me. He stopped several times but I kept my distance and kept hoping to come across a police officer. He eventually got on the inerstate and took off toward Mississippi. I kept my distance and followed him. Fuel became an issue and I was ready to go home. I got his tag #. Its a temporary GA tag. Going down to the police dept in the AM to file a report. I want to have him charged with assault with a deadly weapon. I know it it won't happen but they will take a report. And the ******* was very late getting home even though he was apparently in a hurry. I guess I wasn't a good ambassador out there for the rest of the motorcyle world. The bike runs great though Comments?
Old 03-20-2010, 04:00 AM
SuperSport

Stevebis1 is on a distinguished road
Tell me about the velocity stacks - got'em dyno'd?
Seriously, you just threw them on and no issues? I understood that they would make the bike quite rich
On the other topic- good for you. Assuming that is you were having fun. Not worth having someone else screw up your day especially on your bike.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:10 AM
Back Marker

aka Yamadog is on a distinguished road
I bought the bike used from a harley dealer...no contact with PO. I suspect the bike has been jetted. It had a baffle-ectomy and some sort of red filter when I got it. My plan is to take it to a tuner guy I know and let him dial it in an make recomendations. I'm running Devil high mounts w/out baffels and it really runs well. It is running a little rich maybe...lots more popping on decel. I was considering a 520 chain conversion with stock size sprockets. It still has the stock cam tensioners so I've gotta replace those soon...15k on the clock.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:43 AM
SuperSport

Stevebis1 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like good plan. I had 2 PO on mine and it wasn't till last fall that I got into the carbs (thanks Hawkrider) and saw there was a dynojet kit in it. I had bought a K&N that I rode with all summer and tried to convince myself it was better. It wasn't. Put the OEM back in last fall and all the stumbles went away.
I know what you mean about the CCTs. I've got a set from truck sitting in the back of my garage that need to go in this spring, plus I picked up a +4 factory ignition advancer. But for now I'm enjoying the unusually warm weather here and I'm goin ridin today!