Racing Topics related to MotoGP, AMA, WSB, TT, Etc.

Great weekend at Road America!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Back Marker

Appletonhawk is on a distinguished road
Great weekend at Road America!

Friend of mine races in CCS. He rides Jason Ferrells old AMA ZX6R as Ferrell performance is a local shop here and my buddies daughter works for Jason he was on hand as well and broke the CCS track record running Road America in 2:15! Worst part of the weekend was my other buddy dumping his RC51 into the gravel pit in turn 9 after some coolant started leaking from some where and got on the rear tire. Bike trashed pretty good and hes got a broken collar bone. Just thought I would share some of my fun. Track is about an hour from my house so I did put a few miles on the Hawk this weekend riding back and forth both days.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Sounds like fun! Let me know next time you head there and I'll see if I can fly up there and say Hi. I'm 15 minutes west of Milwaukee in Brookfield. Not to far away.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Back Marker

Appletonhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CruxGNZ
Sounds like fun! Let me know next time you head there and I'll see if I can fly up there and say Hi. I'm 15 minutes west of Milwaukee in Brookfield. Not to far away.
Pretty much there anytime CCS races there which I think is only twice a year, but I help out in the pits with my buddies ZX6R and his brothers RC51. Of course the RC is out of commision now for a while. We are usually parked next to the Farrell Performance crew. Can't miss his hauler and Perelli Tents. Jason does tires at the track for all the racers.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:45 AM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
I love RA tracks layout, from what I see on TV. On the list of tracks to go watch a race, along with Barber.

Does RA have video screens, so U can watch action on the rest of the track? It doesn't look like it does.

I think more peeps would come out to watch if more of the older tracks installed them.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:50 PM
über-n00b
Superstock

Spoot is on a distinguished road
They have 1 screen that I know of. Inside T5 iirc

Was that Appletonhawk I see in gron4 photos on a yellow SH??