General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Road America Trackday

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 01:02 PM
SuperSport

Stumpy is on a distinguished road
Road America Trackday

So did my first track day this year, changed so much on the bike did not know where to start have a small list of what I remember needed to be done. First thing is to check all bolts and use thread locker for body parts and stuff. Next and most important is to make sure track timer is attached correctly and tight. Only non metric part on bike did not have right Allen wrench and it came lose and pinched between the tank and upper triple tree no right turn on turn 3 same turn as Ben’s mishap but not the same results I was lucky. Found out that the tires like it at 34 psi hot on the rear and 32 psi hot on the front. Got Jessica Z the female ama racer rides a zx6r to help me set sag along with another person even bummed me some bolts I lost on the seat.
Cant say how much Greg helped me out on the forks the one thing that I did not have to worry about beside adding ¾ turn on the preload used a zip tie to fine tune after setting sag still need to install the brace. Man they work nice wish the shock was so easy when I get my track bike hope he will work on the forks for me not sure if he does inverted forks or not but still need to pick my class will be keeping the hawk for my street ride. Pistons and cams will disqualify it rebuilding the motor also the 6 piston calipers would have to go back to stock. Not sure but some inline 4 600 not like the hawk but ccs rules make it the easy bike for more than one class.
Now I have to reinstall the street work and get the camera up and running on the track & street plastic. I need lots of ride time to get use to it. Rearset placement toe placement and so on. Will use track timer to help setup rear shock find someplace I can test. Here is the only pic I have so far

https://www.superhawkforum.com/galle...to=563&cat=500
can you tell I used a rattle can in the u-haul the night before on the front clip the hole is where my Lens will go for the video recorder.

during the course of the day I dropped somewhere between 20 and 30 sec’s. It’s a new bike such front tire feel bike worked much better than my times showed. Was windy lost 2 pop ups over the weekend one at trackdays and the other at the ama. June 20th is my next trackday at Blackhawk farms. Thanks again for everyone’s help in making the mods for my hawk work out so good and thanks again to greg for the work he did forks work so good I have to learn to ride now there is nothing to blame it on but me.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:05 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Lookin' really racey, Stumpy! I got a matte black helmet like yours. The bike looks great!