Motorcycle News Motorcycle Headlines from around the World.

New RC may be near-ish!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 06:46 AM
Superstock

Squid is on a distinguished road
New RC may be near-ish!

So this may be old news, but the new issue of Cycleworld has this one page write up of Proof and speculation. It got my mouth watering and mind wondering. Hope you ge the same reflex.

Honda RC1000V- Concept Supersports Bike
Old 01-14-2013, 10:32 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Yeah its a honda desmosedici. Most likely like the RC30 & oval piston hondas of old it will be unobtanium. Cute that they do this stuff but their latest "do all" street bike the nc700 weezes out 42hp. Underwhelming.

Yet another reason to be a superhawker for life. They dont make em like this anymore.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:48 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
I think they used to do a better job with the the form vs the function. Just my opinion and I'm no old fart yet...
Attached Thumbnails New RC may be near-ish!-rc45_large.jpg  
Old 01-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
Yeah its a honda desmosedici. Most likely like the RC30 & oval piston hondas of old it will be unobtanium. Cute that they do this stuff but their latest "do all" street bike the nc700 weezes out 42hp. Underwhelming.

Yet another reason to be a superhawker for life. They dont make em like this anymore.

I hear ya on that, but still, I mean come on, A V2, V4, or a V5... Damn son, Just let it and the harmony happen! I understand that the nc700 is a inline twin and is made for a comfort / commuter bike, but come on, give Big Red a try once again. I know the CB1100 is a BIT over priced for an air cooled modern/classic, and the new RC will be a bit over priced for a GP bike for the street. I just hope not so over priced as the D16RR.... Yet I still love that bike and IF it is as over priced as the D16RR I will still drool over it until I can buy it. IMO.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:25 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos
I think they used to do a better job with the the form vs the function. Just my opinion and I'm no old fart yet...
It's just concept art at this point. Personally I don't think any of the concept illustrations accurately reflect Honda's current aesthetics, so I wouldn't get too hung up on it...
Old 01-14-2013, 09:02 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by captainchaos
I do agree with this. Years ago my older brother and step-dad had a discussion about this exact thing. I went back and did some reading about it and saw the slow transission from race winning designs to user friendly machines. I understand why, I dont think they would be who they are today if they kept on that path. But throwing the gearheads a bone every once in a while I think is a sign I think that they still care. I could be just flat our wrong here but hey, Im good at it!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:54 PM
SHawk Member
Back Marker

JN607 is on a distinguished road
I'll be getting one of the new RC's.