Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Yoshimura pipe, BMC street, Factory jet

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Squid
Squid

fpalbrecht is on a distinguished road
Yoshimura pipe, BMC street, Factory jet

Did some mods to my superhawk. First came Factory jet kit, BMC street filter and Throttle position sensor adjustment. This really helped the bike start(my pilots were a little clogged) and run smoother. Felt like a little power boost too. Called Factory(jet people) and asked about the TPS and should I or not. He said its not a do or not mod, if it's not right adjust it. So I did. Once I got the jetting right, the soft power I felt below 4000, after the TPS adjustment was gone and lifting the front wheel, in first, with stock gearing was easy.
Next came Yoshimura RS-3 exhaust. Wow! Now it can breath. It came with quiet inserts(no extra charge) but I have not tried them yet. All the talk of of the Yosh pipe being quiet. Maybe its with the insert, because this is not "quiet". Not to the obnoxious level but much louder than stock. Really like it. Seems like I've gained 5hp and a bit more torque. Will get it on a dyno in a week or two. Ran it on the dyno before I did anything and it had just over 100hp and mid 60 torque.
I polished the header pipe with 400, 600 grit emory paper(wet sand) then used 0000 steel wool with mothers mag wheel polish. This turned it to almost chrome. After first running it's a nice bronze color.
Attached Thumbnails Yoshimura pipe, BMC street, Factory jet-pipe.jpg   Yoshimura pipe, BMC street, Factory jet-headerpipe.jpg  

Last edited by fpalbrecht; 06-09-2009 at 05:18 PM. Reason: add picture
Old 06-09-2009, 05:36 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
Pipe looks great. I just hide mine with a lower fairing.