Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Two Brothers vs Jardine street/race cores

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 08:33 AM
Back Marker

senecagreen
Two Brothers vs Jardine street/race cores

I have narrowed it down to Two Brothers standard mount C4's or Jardine standard mount RT-1's and I am leaning toward the Jardine street cores. (I leave for work at 5:00 a.m.)

Which one is louder? And for those of you that have heard both, which one sounds better? Deep, bassy sound is what I am looking for.

Thanks for all replies.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:45 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Re: Two Brothers vs Jardine street/race cores

I had Jardines highmounts on my first 98 when they first came out with them. My second 98 came with well used C4 highmounts. Even though the 2bros were in need of repacking, I think the jardines were still a tad louder. But this is going on diminished memories so take that into account too.

Also, the jardine mounting brackets were real flimsy and allowed the pipes to move pretty easily. I don't know if they've upgraded their hardware since then or not. Both systems needed heel guards on the mid-pipes.

Here's a link from back then of some of my wav files one lister wanted to collect. I can't believe they are still around:

http://folk.uio.no/joakimt/vtr/sound_and_video.html

My bike was not jetted nor warmed up when I did these (changing out hot pipes is not my idea of fun!)

HTH,

Doug
Old 10-12-2005, 11:07 AM
SuperSport

NOrrTH is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Two Brothers vs Jardine street/race cores

I've got the Jardine's and a friend has the 2bros, both street core and VTR's

If you like deep and bassy there's no comparison, the 2 bros wins hands down. They get up there in db when you wind it out too.

The Jardines are like Goldilocks porrige, very livable and sound great wound up.

If you're worried about the neighbors the thing about sound is that bass (lower frequency) travels farther and through objects. Still I don't think you'd wake anyone if you took it easy as long as you weren't in an underground parking garage.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:42 AM
Back Marker

senecagreen
thanks, tha'ts what I was looking for.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:10 PM
Back Marker

senecagreen
I ordered the Two Brothers C2 cans. Should be here next week sometime.

The local shop has an exhaust gas analyzer that uses a probe you stick in the pipe then the unit goes in a backpack. He rides your bike around, then downloads the info into his computer when he gets back to the shop.

I am going to have him do a before and after on my bike to see what the change is if any. Isn't modern technology great. This way he gets the full real world spectrum of mixture info by actually riding the bike.