Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Jet & filter required for race cores?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Back Marker

oicdn
Jet & filter required for race cores?

Bought Woodmans Race Core High Mount Jardines.

I was wondering if it's worth jetting and filtering? More so, is it even needed with just the race core slip-ons? Gains?

I was gonna have the bike dyno'd before and after, and I was wondering what the gains have been on people with high mounts, filter and jetting did compared to stock. I've been readin that the hawk responds really well to the afore mentioned, but it's all done with a "butt dyno"

Been exploring filter options. Which is more benficial, the K&N or the BMC race? I ask because on my R6, teh K&N was complete crap and stock flowed higher, whereas, the BMC, flowed TOO MUCH, and even with jetting still caused you to run a LITTLE lean.

Reason being, this is my daily grind, so if it needs to be jetted and filtered, I'll wait and do it all at once.....better effect that way too. But if it's not necessary, why not just slip on some pipes and reap some benefits right?
Old 01-14-2006, 01:20 PM
SuperSport

AZZKIKER is an unknown quantity at this point
I think it does. I have a BMC race and the factory kit with the 2 bros and it runs a whole lot better. Factory recommended i use the bigger 2 jets in their kit to accomodate the BMC race and I am using 182jet in the front and 185 in the rear. It runs great with no flat spots whatsoever. And I still get 33 mpg around town.
If you put the exhaust on without the jet kit, it will run leaner, so yeas you want to do them together. I bought my BMC race from kneedraggers. I honestly don't remember how much i paid for it.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Back Marker

senecagreen
My bike runs perfect with just the two brothers slip ons and I have been debating the factory pro jet kit. My bike was already turning the header purple where the two pipes meet before they split again with the stock exhaust.

Two brothers web site says a jet kit is not necessary with their slip ons but that you will pick up some more power with a jet kit. I noticed an increase in performance just bolting on the slip ons and they sound cool.

I am going to have the mixture on my bike checked though and I will post what they found. The local shop has a exhaust gas analyzer that he can stick in the tailpipe and ride the bike while it downloads real time data into a backpack unit then he recovers the data into his computer back at the shop and it gives a accurate reading of mixture under actual riding conditions so he will be able to tell me if it is really running lean.

This guy is really good at tuning jet kits and has done 3 of my bikes so far.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Back Marker

oicdn
Yeah...my pipes are purple as well with the stock exhaust....

I was doubting that it would, but at the same time...meh...ebtter to be on the safe side if you're seriously stacking miles on it...