Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Taking the Zcoo brake pad plunge....

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 07:57 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Taking the Zcoo brake pad plunge....

well, the Carbone Lorraine C60 pads I have been using since mounting up the Daytona 675 Nissin Monoblock calipers seem to be wearing quite quickly (despite street riding only). While they work quite well, I can't say I am particularly fond of the idea of having to change pads once per year.... So, as I have read nothing but great comments about Zcoo pads (developed in Japan by a former HRC test rider), I decided to give them a try.... just placed the order (with a chap named Simonkobe on the Speedzilla site, same fellow who found the HRC ignition box for me last year), will keep everyone updated on how they perform once they're on the bike ......
Old 07-19-2013, 12:01 PM
MotoGP

Well, pads arrived while I was away on my road trip, so I installed them today (cleaned the rotors with Scotchbrite pads and brake cleaner) and went for a short ride to bed them in. One word: incredible!!!!!!! Massively powerful yet soooooooooooo smooth and controllable. These pads live up to the billing. They are not cheap, but the best seldom is.

For some background, I initially installed a set of Carbone Lorraine C60 pads when I installed the Nissin Monoblocks on the bike (mated to a set of ZX-10R forks). These worked quite well though I wasn't particularly blown away (granted, my recent pads (prior to caliper change) had been, respecitvely, Vesrah SRJL-17, Vesrah RJL and HRC Hard bite, so they had some pretty big shoes to fill, so to speak). I can't see myself using anything else from here on in.......

cheers
Old 07-19-2013, 02:42 PM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Care to divulge how much they cost?
Old 07-19-2013, 03:12 PM
MotoGP

I paid $170 for the pads plus $20 to get them here from Japan.... they're not cheap, but they are in line with other top caliper pads, like SRJL's (and well worth the money in my opinion).....

I should add too, based on the info received from those who have ben running these for a while (overseas as I was not able to locate a distributor in NA), they are said to last a long time and generate very low wear on the rotors.....

Last edited by mikstr; 07-19-2013 at 05:02 PM.