Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

superhawk - wake me up

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Squid

Superclean09 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by poppazuti
Don't be afraid to do the clear coat yourself. Follow the steps outlined in this forum.
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54874
You'll be amazed by the results. I'm about 75% done with mine and the results are mind blowing. Of course pics will be posted soon.
When this guy says to keep sanding after you think you've sanded enough, he's not kidding. I sanded my seat cowl for about an hour, and the tail section for about two.

Anyone here clear coat the stock paint with results? My paint is pretty shiny with just wax on it but I have seen some exception shine on some of the bikes in the album. Is this because of extra clear coat or just nice wax on the stock paint?
Old 11-11-2011, 11:30 PM
Squid

bgrubb is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Superclean09
Anyone here clear coat the stock paint with results? My paint is pretty shiny with just wax on it but I have seen some exception shine on some of the bikes in the album. Is this because of extra clear coat or just nice wax on the stock paint?
more or less its a combination of both. how well the paint was preped and then the steps of wet sanding and buffing and what not. i work at a body shop right out side cincinnati. im thinking about painting my hawk nsx grand prix white that we have left over from the nsx r we did and blacking the rest out.. just need to find a good cheep lower fairing that i like.