Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

spark plug wire replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Squid

flyingeyepro is on a distinguished road
spark plug wire replacement

I went to change my spark plugs for the first time this week and found the front boot is gone. The wire was stuck over the threaded end of the spark plug. And the cavity was full of crap. I'm thinking of getting a set of Nology wires, but I was wondering if they have the same style boot and more importantly, how to attach them to the stock coils. Or should I just get OEM? I searched but wasn't satisfied with the threads I found.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Superstock

FTMS is on a distinguished road
Take a look at the stock coils and see if the stock wires are epoxied in placed. Generally the wires are just screwed into the coils but some are epoxied in place. The caps are just screwed on to the wires. The spark cap cap has a screw stud in it that just works it way into the the wire and the coil should have the same thing.