SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   So I guess I will be the Guinea pig (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/so-i-guess-i-will-guinea-pig-30879/)

supertrooper 10-06-2013 09:51 PM

how about pics of them mounted on the bike.

kenmoore 10-07-2013 01:51 AM

Relieved to hear that all is well.

I have almost got everything I need to do my braced swinger and was getting worried that I had wasted my money on the Dans.

Pics would be a great help.

Wish I knew how to post pics!!!

sailorjerry 10-07-2013 06:15 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by kenmoore (Post 363470)
Relieved to hear that all is well.

I have almost got everything I need to do my braced swinger and was getting worried that I had wasted my money on the Dans.

Pics would be a great help.

Wish I knew how to post pics!!!

Yes, everything with them does seem good besides the stuff I mentioned before, I am posting pics of them on the bike, and i will be installing the pedal return spring today as well, so I will take a few more showing the adjustments i have made.

Attachment 16250

Attachment 16251

Attachment 16252

sailorjerry 10-07-2013 11:36 AM

4 Attachment(s)
The black bolt is the one I drilled out and used a larger bolt.

Attachment 16254

This is the 6mm spacer that Danmoto forgot in my kit (should have 4 in kit, and also 4 longer mounting bolts)
Attachment 16255

That is the how the mounting bolt and spacer are put on the set to space it away from adjusting bracket.
Attachment 16256

That is the finished product
Attachment 16257

sailorjerry 10-07-2013 11:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 16258

Attachment 16259

kenmoore 10-07-2013 12:59 PM

Thanks for the info and pics.

I am now checking to make sure I have everything.

insulinboy 10-07-2013 01:22 PM

Nice. So overall are you happy with them for what you paid for them do you think?

sailorjerry 10-07-2013 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by insulinboy (Post 363512)
Nice. So overall are you happy with them for what you paid for them do you think?

Deffinately, customer service was great at handling my issues, and quick for being on the other side of the world.

I do feel that some of the issues I shouldn't have had, but also you get what you pay for.

The only real thing I don't like about them, is the lack of a brake pedal return spring, which I am in the process of fabricating with an eyelet and a throttle return spring from a carb. Once I get that sorted I will post more pictures and how to install it.

kenmoore 10-08-2013 01:28 AM

Great work,

That's what these forums are all about.

People taking the time to help out other like minded people with the benefit of their experiences.

I will check mine tonight to make sure that I have all necessary bits.

If not I will be onto Dan like a fly on a rotten prawn on the BBQ!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing how you fit the spring.

sailorjerry 10-08-2013 07:01 PM

Came in a little quicker than intended and slid the rear till it caught traction and the bike high sided, Danmoto rear sets seemingly held up pretty well to it between it and the slider they took all of the impact, nothing broken, little scrape on the brake lever and it looks like the foot peg bolt might be tweaked just a little bit, but from what I can tell that seems to be it.

I guess we will call this part of the testing the strength test ;)

msethhunter 10-16-2013 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by sailorjerry (Post 363606)
I guess we will call this part of the testing the strength test ;)

HA! That's one way to test them.

sailorjerry 10-16-2013 10:45 AM

I thought so too. Thats why I figured I would share with everyone. lol

Craigvtr 10-16-2013 08:06 PM

Thanks for the pictures and advice. Just checked my kit and there are no spacers so an email has been sent off to Dan Moto.

Hope you did not hurt yourself in the highside. I did the same thing on my 250VTR 6 weeks ago, broke 5 ribs and detached the main ligament in my shoulder, still not healed.:(

sailorjerry 10-16-2013 10:43 PM

All was good for me, I was able to ditch the bike and get away from it.

Sorry to here that, hope you heel up soon.

sailorjerry 12-02-2013 07:48 AM

Well learned something new about them on Saturday.

This being since they don't have the feelers, they are higher up and further back, and at the same time I installed all reworked by DMr suspension components. After finally getting everything dialed in on the suspension side the way it should be, I decided I needed to push the bike a bit and see what she would do in with a knee on the ground.

Well with the higher lean angle and different ground clearance, I found that if you are not careful, you can drag more than your knee.

I came into a corner running about 75mph, leaned in and with about an inch till my knee hit the ground I heard a hard scrape, and pulled up just a bit, got to where I could stop and found I had scraped my belly fairing and my clutch cover. Moral of the story, with no feelers on the pegs and different riding postion, remember where your hard parts are and how far away from the ground they are and get that knee out a little further.

It was fun though!!!! Even with the now melted belly fairing and scraped clutch cover! :draggin:

insulinboy 12-02-2013 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by sailorjerry (Post 365833)
It was fun though!!!! Even with the now melted belly fairing and scraped clutch cover! :draggin:

I have some scrapes on the clutch cover of my bike but no other signs of any crash damage anywhere else.. Now I know where they came from. I also know that as much as I wanted the belly fairing like your bike has I should cross it off my parts wish list. However these rear sets are definitely on my after christmas wish list :) Thanks for the review, and sorry about your highside :(

smokinjoe73 12-02-2013 08:01 PM

That is always a good feeling when you scrape stuff. You just dont care what the slight damage was, you are just happy to have done it.

I still have the raingear I was wearing the first time I slid my knee in the pouring rain and wore holes in both knees. I just bought the gear but was happy to wear it out like that.

jonjonsocal 12-02-2013 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by sailorjerry (Post 363497)

Man,,, Out of topic.. I want to make my pipes come out like yours.. I dont really like them sticking out the sides.. Rear set look good..

sailorjerry 12-03-2013 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by jonjonsocal (Post 365865)
Man,,, Out of topic.. I want to make my pipes come out like yours.. I dont really like them sticking out the sides.. Rear set look good..

They are just Jardine RT one's. All the standard high rise pipes fit the same.

Smokinjoe, it always makes me happy when something gets scraped on the ground, while both wheels are on the ground that is.

CaryDG 12-14-2013 01:05 AM

Thanks Guinea Pig

I ordered some silver Danmoto rearsets on 12/5 and received them 12/13!
Not bad for coming from China. Easy install and VERY adjustable. All the needed spacers and bolts were included. The way I set mine up provided crisper shifting maybe due to altered leverage ratios. The only downside is that the master cylinder mount is kind of flimsy making the rear brake feel a little spongy. It looks good, but, if they hadn't CNC'd the bracket so much it may have been a little more rigid. The only other defect was the locator bolt holes below the swing arm pivot bolt are a few mm off causing one peg to be different height from the other. Easily remedied by mounting one side one adjustment hole up or down.
But, for $168.00 including freight, I can live with them. The pluses out weigh the few defects.

jscobey 01-31-2014 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by CaryDG (Post 366289)
I ordered some silver Danmoto rearsets on 12/5 and received them 12/13!
Not bad for coming from China. Easy install and VERY adjustable. All the needed spacers and bolts were included. The way I set mine up provided crisper shifting maybe due to altered leverage ratios. The only downside is that the master cylinder mount is kind of flimsy making the rear brake feel a little spongy. It looks good, but, if they hadn't CNC'd the bracket so much it may have been a little more rigid. The only other defect was the locator bolt holes below the swing arm pivot bolt are a few mm off causing one peg to be different height from the other. Easily remedied by mounting one side one adjustment hole up or down.
But, for $168.00 including freight, I can live with them. The pluses out weigh the few defects.

how much of a height difference did you end up with before you moved one side? and how close were you to equal heights of the pegs once you moved one side? mine was pretty for off and then after i moved one side one hole down im still about half an inch difference.

finepooch 08-25-2015 07:18 PM

old member coming back and bringing up an old thread

nice report. i will be looking into these rearsets for my hawk.

CruxGNZ 08-25-2015 09:40 PM

Well, fantastic then? :p

finepooch 08-27-2015 03:01 PM

can anyone tell me if the danmoto rearsets can be adjusted lower than the stock position?

finepooch 10-25-2015 04:34 PM

anyone?

CaryDG 10-25-2015 10:14 PM

Not gonna' happen

The Danmotos won't go lower than stock. But, there are some adjustable replacements that will. They work with the stock brake and shifter levers. They are shorter than stock so dragging wasn't an issue. I did some knee damage and went that route. In fact I've been forced to go back to stock with different pegs (no rubber) after healing as a result. So now I have a set of Dan motos and those just setting in my shop.;)

CaryDG 10-25-2015 10:16 PM

They also fold like stock as they utilize the same mounts.

finepooch 12-24-2015 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by CaryDG (Post 391499)
So now I have a set of Dan motos and those just setting in my shop.;)

are they for sale and if so what price? they are so cheap that having a used set is hardly worth selling?

twinman 12-24-2015 07:34 PM

Nice