Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Right side Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Squid

budman is on a distinguished road
Right side Exhaust

I first heard about this on here sometime but never saw pics. If you dont know the right side where the stock pipe or aftermarket mid pipe is attached is very restricted. Here is 2 befor pics and 1 after. It's kinda hard to see in these pics but look close you'll see it
Attached Thumbnails Right side Exhaust-exh-010.jpg   Right side Exhaust-exh-011.jpg   Right side Exhaust-exh-012.jpg  
Old 01-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Squid

budman is on a distinguished road
I'm going to try a single side exhaust, on the right. I bought a header on e-bay and cut off the left side welded it up and cleaned it all up so we'll see.......
Old 01-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Been there, done that. You'll lose some torque low and gain hp up high. Make sure the can you use is built for double duty. Jetting for it is a bit of a PITA.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:01 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Do a search, lots of info abbout it (I posted details about my swap). I have ben running a 2-1 for a year now and love it. Although I haven't run my bike on a dyno since the swap, I chatted at length ith chaps in the UK who are knowledgeable with the practice and pulled some dyno runs and the result is a noriceable bump in low and mids with a slight drop in top-end. In terms of jetting, if you are jetted with a DJ kit for slip-ons, it is practically just a bolt-on affair (as it was for me). Good luck.