Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

the quest for HP

Old 08-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Back Marker

havoc7685 is on a distinguished road
Rwhisen
Don't know if I'm actually suppose to reply to that or you were just tryn to make a point but here it goes lol
1st thanx for the CCTs info
2nd no I haven't downloaded the manual. I don't suppose you have a link to that or would something like that b on this site
3rd as far as gear goes I actually bought a helmet don't know the brand but its dot. I dnt have gloves boots ect.....
Tires I do need to start saven$ it'll b time to replace them an a few months I have no idea wat the pressure of them are but it feels right.
I keep my chain properly lubed up lol
Sprockets have just bein replaced 16/40 but gonna take it back an go 15/43 or if the chain will fit just take the rear back an go 16/43
An yes I recently posted a thread about thinking I had a bad tranny or clutch an I received very helpful info instructing me to try flushing the fluid an bleeding the clutch.
4th(I think lol)
Dude I'm try'n to work on the grammar thing for you people I really am an sence the start of the thread I've corrected it a lot!! Some come on cut me a break please I get it an I'm tryn. An thank you for your input
Ps I've tried usen that search wen I was try'n to find info on tranny problem an failed pretty good at it lol
Old 08-28-2010, 02:40 PM
Mad Max NO Squid!
Squid

skycam is on a distinguished road
I used to be a bartender in lake county, Leesburg Florida decades past. hard core riders ride in Fl. every day.
I owned a Hot rod Honda CB 650 heavy custom work Cafe Daytona Beach Style rode 24/7/365.5 barely kept my license valid in those days.

As for DREAMS me too!... Have many its healthy to make them come true!... Success!!... Get some!.. Give some back!.. Make more happen!

My teenage dreams had to wait until year 46.9 to shake out to a reality based choice = YES priority decision....
Yes was a big deal for little-Ole-Me: With 2 kids and a special dual purpose wife=(high command = congress)

The appropriations committee hardly every entertained proposals for black operations recon in our homeland defense strategy.

My proposal was as follows:.... Get This....
"A quick deployable, fuel savings, using a Dodge Magnum as baseline ROI statement hahaha (false) i ride too much"
He he he... sneaky smile, childish laugh, carefully hidden ecstatic joy...

Finally Mad Max is back to Road Warrior Transport Status.. No Fear Body Armor Commuting to Classified location X Gotta love it!
My SUPERhawk is sounding good using a 18" long, 1 and 1/8" hole saw, i opened my dragons throat to 2 and 1/4" free flow stock looking pipes.

I miss my (single days) other wise known as..
"My Mad Max Era" Benelli 750 6 cylinder SEI with Pirelli Phantom Ft and Rr paws, One piece custom Tracy body gas tank-to-rear fender, best avail. Brembo Brakes, 3k racing transmission, and 6 to 1 straight pipe, previous owner Benelli dealer personal ride says it all...

The maseratti of bikes in its day... in heaven they give them out to relieve tension. The sound is truly heavenly.

hope you get prosperous so you can feed the need too!
ian

Last edited by skycam; 08-28-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Back Marker

Skycam.......dude I only understood I think like half of that but I think I get the point lol thanx bro. An the straight away I test ride on is rt 44 about 2miles from my house to leesburg small world bro
Old 08-28-2010, 03:04 PM
MAB
Squid

MAB is on a distinguished road
Havoc, were you trying to ask everybody to list their mods, the cash spent to get them, and the HP. So, did you basically want to compile a list of these things in order to see what gives the most horsepower?
Old 08-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Good catch!
Old 08-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Back Marker

MAB.
Yes that was the goal anyway. An I'm sure its bein done befor but things are always changing an people are always finding new things. Tryn this or that. But yes that was the goal bro
Old 08-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by havoc7685
Rwhisen
Don't know if I'm actually suppose to reply to that or you were just tryn to make a point but here it goes lol
1st thanx for the CCTs info

You're welcome

2nd no I haven't downloaded the manual. I don't suppose you have a link to that or would something like that b on this site

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=11365
Found it using the Search function

3rd as far as gear goes I actually bought a helmet don't know the brand but its dot. I dnt have gloves boots ect.....

Keep in mind you are squeezing your melon into this thing. It may save your life. You need gloves, preferably some that extend past your wrist. Get some over the ankle boots. Most important, WEAR ALL YOUR **** EVERYTIME YOU GO OUT! Get a good jacket, one with armor.

Tires I do need to start saven$ it'll b time to replace them an a few months I have no idea wat the pressure of them are but it feels right.

Dude, tire pressures don't "feel right". Get a tire gauge and inflate them properly.

I keep my chain properly lubed up lol

Tell me you don't use WD-40 or something like that.

Sprockets have just bein replaced 16/40 but gonna take it back an go 15/43 or if the chain will fit just take the rear back an go 16/43
An yes I recently posted a thread about thinking I had a bad tranny or clutch an I received very helpful info instructing me to try flushing the fluid an bleeding the clutch.

4th(I think lol)
Dude I'm try'n to work on the grammar thing for you people I really am an sence the start of the thread I've corrected it a lot!! Some come on cut me a break please I get it an I'm tryn. An thank you for your input
Ps I've tried usen that search wen I was try'n to find info on tranny problem an failed pretty good at it lol

Keep working at it and yes I did notice improvment

The purpose of my questions was to make you assess just how ready you are to hit the street. No gloves? No jacket? No boots? Haven't checked tire pressures? These are things you need to think of everytime BEFORE you throw your leg over the seat. We don't like to read about accidents here involving our forum members and if you think you get a ripping for posting questions without searching, wait till you come back and explain how this or that mechanical issue caused you to crash your bike and now you have road rash from head to foot because you weren't wearing any gear. You won't get a whole lot of sympathy my friend. Sorry if this sounds like I am being an *** but it is the same thing I tell my son.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Back Marker

When it comes to the helmet part is one really any better then another protectively speaking? I mean they wouldn't let them put the dot cert on it if it didn't meet certain safety requirements would they?
As for the chain oil no I dont use wd-40 I have heard it causes dirt an dust build up. I just use pam kitchen spray seems to do the job an its cheap to. For the tire pressure thing your probly right I've just always gone by feel cars bike what ever it is. You can't tell when you need air an wen you should let a little out? There's not very many things I'm good at or trained in but I've always had a very high physical awareness probly the reason why I can do what I do despite my complete an total lack of exp. An knowledge.
And last thanx for noticing I'm trying bit easyr to keep tryn when your told that lol
And lastly lastly thanx for tryn to look out for me.
O an by the way pam kitchen spray thing was totally a joke lol I use this stuff that's in the motorcycle section at advanced auto

Search this Thread