SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   the quest for HP (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/quest-hp-23616/)

havoc7685 08-27-2010 09:52 PM

the quest for HP

So I seen something like this about 11pages back an thought it could b kinda kwl but do it a lil more directly. Or just epic fail if no one knows there specs.
A vtr1000 is about 425lbs(192kg) give or take about 3lbs for your year. An runs at about 105HP give or take up to 7hp for your year unless its an sp wich runs at about 138 +/-
(I got these from bikez.com sorry if there wrong) ok so the idea is post your HP an your bike wait an like a rough amount of how much cash it took to get there. An like everyone has there mods in there sigs so really no need to go into all that. I just thought it would b a cool way to figure out just how much you can get out of your bike, share some ideas, an figure out how much your willing to spend to get it there. Wats really worth wat idk just throwing it out there see who bites I guess
Later guys

skoshere 08-27-2010 10:05 PM

first off, what are you saying? Lay off the text lingo when writing for a forum...

secondly, you want lots more power buy a RC51. I would toss my money at suspension and brake upgrades to make the superhawk a overall street threat.

havoc7685 08-27-2010 10:22 PM

Sorry about that force of habbit I wrotte this thread from my blackberry.
An I ment that like everyone one wants more HP out of there bike an is always trying to do more. There's only so much you can get out of wat you have. So to try an cut threw all the bs an trial an error thought it would be cool to have almost like a refrence of wat really works all in one thread. Like I said either really cool or epic fail lol

Just_Nick 08-27-2010 10:50 PM

Step 1:
Buy a different bike. The Superhawk isn't what you want if you're unsatisfied with it.

autoteach 08-27-2010 10:53 PM

Try writing like people should talk, not how you talk. My sisters say "like", "so", "um", and other nonsense in their normal language. They text it to me as well, to which I have no friggin' clue why it would be necessary. So, um, like don txt me like a ? or nething.

havoc7685 08-27-2010 11:22 PM

To: just_nick. Never said I didn't like it I love my vtr an out side getting better quality sprockets plugs an possibly a diff exhaust I dnt plan on changing or doin anything to that isn't maintnece. An I'm sure everyone on this forum loves there's to I'm guessing yet there's a topic on modifications changing adding things so I guess none of those people are satisfied either an shld get a different bike as well. Never thought this would be this difficult just wanted to see who had the lightest bike with the most hp kinda benefits everyone in this forum I would think sorry for trying damn

havoc7685 08-27-2010 11:47 PM

To: autoteach
Like um totaly get over it dude least the other two guys had something bike related to say. An the three times I used the word like in that post I did it as a comparison " like everyone" meaning not everyone "almost like a refence" so it would b like a refrence ya know but not. "Like I said earlyr" as in to reidorate wat was preveously said incase it was missed. The word so is a bad habbit sorry. An I never used um. Dude said I shldnt use txt lingo understandable my bad corrected. So if you wanna flame me atleast you cld flame on how bad of an idea this thread apparently was. But for the most part just get bent so like um cld you understand that or shld I type slower for you. Of course you probly didn't get that did you

havoc7685 08-27-2010 11:50 PM

To: autoteach
Like um totaly get over it dude least the other two guys had something bike related to say. An the three times I used the word like in that post I did it as a comparison " like everyone" meaning not everyone "almost like a reference" so it would b like a reference ya know but not. "Like I said earlyr" as in to reiterate wat was previously said in case it was missed. The word so is a bad habit sorry. An I never used um. Dude said I shldnt use txt lingo understandable my bad corrected. So if you wanna flame me at least you cld flame on how bad of an idea this thread apparently was. But for the most part just get bent so like um cld you understand that or shld I type slower for you. Of course you probly didn't get that did you

bjorn toulouse 08-28-2010 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by havoc7685 (Post 279349)

runs at about 105HP give or take up to 7hp for your year unless its an sp wich runs at about 138 +/-

The "SP" designates an RC51 (RVT1000R in the USA), which is a different model Honda V-twin.

Rex

havoc7685 08-28-2010 01:39 AM

There see I learned something lol. It was a really cool looking bike from the pic the site had. But wat was the hole between the headlights airflow?

skycam 08-28-2010 02:03 AM

The best advice i have for you is to focus on things that will pay off most for your riding style and skill level. The essentials are spelled out differently by different people.

havoc7685 08-28-2010 02:30 AM

As far as the part about good guys on here goes I learned that on my first two threads. Got great advice an good help. So wasn't expecting the flamen. Wasn't tryn to b a dick to the one guy probly just came off that way cuz I was pissed about other guy anyway enough of the opra momment.
I'm fine with the platform of bike wasn't a bad 2nd bike a lil much almost lol wen its back to running were it was I dnt know if the people, that the people I got it off of did stuff or its just that awsome I miss the holding on for dear life part lol that shit would throw me back.
I'm about 180 so not that small a rider lol. Thanx for the advice an help bro

RWhisen 08-28-2010 05:51 AM

Havoc-
It is not a cost effective endeavor to try and bolt on horsepower to these bikes. As others before me posted, sort the suspension, tires, brakes and learn to ride it and it will reward you day after day. It is what it is. It does have the potential to be a really fun ride, most would say it already is. Some of the guys here (myself included) get irritated at SMS speak. Take a little extra time, spell things out and you will receive all the answers to your questions either by searching the forums or asking well formed questions. This is a community for assistance however you must understand everything you are undertaking has probably either been done or has had the question answered a few times in this forum. I don't mind helping but it really is difficult when I have to translate your posts.

havoc7685 08-28-2010 06:20 AM

Ok seriously dose anyone know or can you even delete a thread. Because this is retarded. The main point seems to have bein totaly missed an I just keep getting the same things over an over. To those of you who have taken a moment to read an to post understanding an helpfull replys an explained the mentality of the forum to me I deeply appriceate it I'll b more carefull about threads I post I hope those who did dnt take this reply the wrong way an think I'm un gratefull for your help an thank you to the other people who helped me in the tranny/ clutch thread an the 5month vtr owner thread. Sorry if this came across rude I didn't mean it to just happens sometimes sorry again an happy riden to you all

matt365 08-28-2010 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by havoc7685 (Post 279377)
Ok seriously dose anyone know or can you even delete a thread. Because this is retarded. The main point seems to have bein totaly missed an I just keep getting the same things over an over. To those of you who have taken a moment to read an to post understanding an helpfull replys an explained the mentality of the forum to me I deeply appriceate it I'll b more carefull about threads I post I hope those who did dnt take this reply the wrong way an think I'm un gratefull for your help an thank you to the other people who helped me in the tranny/ clutch thread an the 5month vtr owner thread. Sorry if this came across rude I didn't mean it to just happens sometimes sorry again an happy riden to you all

This last post was for the most part legible, so that's decent & to the point. What you have to realize with most forums, they are populated by older more seasoned riders that tend to respect proper grammar and clear concise questions. Often most questions have been answered multiple times, and the answers you are looking for can be found using the search function.

Personally, I enjoy dusting sportbikes in the tight twisties with a little beater bike. My around town bike is a TW200, it's got 10 horsepower if I'm lucky, gets 60-90mpg, and is a blast in tight corners. As previously mentioned, suspension, brakes and tires are what you should be concerned about. Anyone can roll on the throttle in a straight line, and I'm not impressed by it. What impresses seasoned riders is carrying corner speed & being able to exploit what you have to it's potential (which we honestly can't do with any sportbike on the street, especially not legally...)

Nothing better than taking it to the track, and seeing what it can really do. It's pretty humbling seeing racers and track day enthousiasts ripping it up on a closed circuit, it lets you realize how far you still have to go in your own riding, and lets you see you're not using any of the bikes potential on the road; street bikes become boring after that...

Ride safe dude, and don't take any of this too personally.

98VTRrider 08-28-2010 07:58 AM

Havoc - I just bought my VTR a few months ago, most of the mods were already done when I got it. If you have the money to spend you can add a good bit of power...my bikes previous owner was supposed to send me his dyno sheets but didn't yet, so I'm not sure what HP my bike makes, i do know that he added each part one at a time then dyno tuned it..exhaust, tune, pistons, tune, cams, tune. He did tell me that the pistons alone added 10hp, so i'm guessing my bike has 20-30 more HP than stock, maybe more idk.

It cost him a lot though, he imported the Moriwaki exhaust, cams, and pistons from Japan himself, before there was a moriwaki dealer in the US..I have the import documents...So figure $1800 ti exhaust, maybe $800+ pistons, $600+ cams,(not sure price on those)...he probably spent $4-$5k getting 30 more horsepower...so was it really worth it? probably not, go buy an RC-51 for that price... but I like the VTR, so now I have a superhawk with close to RC51 power.

As far as weight goes I'm not sure what it is, never weighed it. Don't have much of a weight loss program, maybe a few pounds lighter than stock.

Hope thats what you were looking for, maybe some other people will join in the point of this thread...

skycam 08-28-2010 01:00 PM

Thats the Superhawk from the angle that havoc7685 was looking for!... Me too! "Best of Class information" you are the best! for taking the time to enlighten..
thanks that says it all,

how do you like your ride compared to other SHs? have you ridden a stocker?

when i have that much money in one place i will be looking at an RC 51 upgrade or a second bike.

Seattle_SuperHawk 08-28-2010 01:38 PM

Do NOT delete this Thread, Highly entertaining......
+1 on the suspension and brakes. As far as horsepower ? i am not sure. Unless track days are in your future i think the basics, Forks, Rear shock, Sprocket size ? Jetting,CCT's and riding skills ( not saying you cant ride) . You will love your SH even more....Good luck with old timers !!! They pack a punch but carry alot of useful knowledge. And are more than willing to share.

:welcome:

havoc7685 08-28-2010 01:39 PM

*skycam wow you couldn't have said it better lol. Wish I would have thought of that wording "best of class" is exactly wat I was looking for thanx!
*98vtrrider thanx for the info that exactly wat I was goin for. Sounds like an awsome bike btw.
I think the most agravating part was that it was just assumed I was unhappy with my bike or wanted to mod the hell out of it. Chances are I'll never upgrade or mod a thing on that bike I make very lil a week work very hard for that lil bit an have to support myself I just got very lucky one month(tax month lol) an was able to affored a down payment an 40 a week isn't to bad so I decided I'm finaly gonna make a teenage dream come true didn't even research the thing lol went to the dealer that's wat I could affored an that's wat I bought an I love her as is. Plus its a huge improvment after the katana rip off lmfao. Thanx for your post guys!!!

havoc7685 08-28-2010 01:46 PM

Wat are cct's? An another question I have so I'm just gonna lump it in hear with that one is wat dose streetfighter mean I've seen it mentiond a few times while looking for other things in threads?

98VTRrider 08-28-2010 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by skycam (Post 279399)
...how do you like your ride compared to other SHs? have you ridden a stocker?

A year ago I rode an '02 Superhawk a few times which only had pipes, it felt fast at the time, maybe the fastest bike I had ridden, but my current VTR is a whole different machine. The previous owner told me he rode his Superhawk back to back with an RC51, and said his VTR was close down low and midrange, but didn't have what the RC did up top.

After my post I was thinking, with the Ti exhaust my bike is probably a good bit lighter than stock, maybe 15-20 lbs. Power Pures I just put on take a found pounds off too :)

98VTRrider 08-28-2010 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by havoc7685 (Post 279404)
Wat are cct's? An another question I have so I'm just gonna lump it in hear with that one is wat dose streetfighter mean I've seen it mentiond a few times while looking for other things in threads?

I was going to mention, if you just got your VTR you should probably replace your CCT's (Cam Chain Tensioners). Streetfighter is when you take all your fairings off the bike and add custom headlight ect, usually the result of a crash haha

Seattle_SuperHawk 08-28-2010 01:54 PM

CCT's are Cam Chain Tensioners (2) a potentail point of failure.
Streetfighter is a fairing stripped sportbike, changing your riding position and weight distrabution. Usually pretty cool looking but alot of work on a Hawk, the radiators make it a tough mod, IMO. but there are alot pictures out there....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cam+chain+tenti...onda+superhawk

drew_c14 08-28-2010 01:56 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+does+streetfighter+mean%3F

provided you spell correctly...

drew_c14 08-28-2010 01:57 PM

SON OF A !!! you beat me to it!!!

Seattle_SuperHawk 08-28-2010 01:58 PM

haha....that site is the best !!!!

RWhisen 08-28-2010 02:07 PM

Havoc
Let's learn a couple of new terms-
If you type in CCTs in the search bar you'll find thread upon thread of what they are - which is a Cam Chain Tensioner.

The problem is that the stock ones are spring actuated and sometimes fail with little or no notice leading to CATASTROPHIC engine damage. There is no set mileage when they fail, there isn't really any signs that they are going to fail. The insurance is fairly cheap, about 110 bux to replace them with manual ones. There is an extensive Knowlege Base write up with pictures for you to pore over.

Streetfighter-
Usually a motorcycle that has had it's fairings removed giving it more of a naked look.

Have you downloaded the service manual yet? I suggest you do and give a good read. Periodic maintenance is a must for a motorcycle otherwise you will end up in a ditch. What kind of gear (helmet, jacket, gloves, boots) do you have? How good are your tires? What is the pressure you are running them at? Have you lubed your chain? Did you take a good look at your sprockets? Does your brake and clutch fluid need to be changed?

This next section I throw in because it is a pet peeve of mine:
What (NOT wat)-What is it?
Does (NOT dose)-What does it do?
Here-It is right here!
Hear-I hear you bro.
Your-What is your opinion?
You're-You're going to hurt yourself on that.

havoc7685 08-28-2010 02:09 PM

Wow I actually really like the streetfighter thing very minimalist.

Wicky 08-28-2010 02:13 PM

http://www.haymouth.co.uk/phpBB3/vie...hp?f=8&t=16077

The bikes were sold off when Honda Britain had dabbled at endurance racing. Revolution UK, Moriwaki importers tuned this bike and made it into a full stage 2 Moriwaki engine. This particular one has a 'wet' tune - set up for wet weather riding so 'only' puts out 135 brake horsepower at the rear wheel(150 crank). With minor re-jetting etc. and a few mechanical tweaks it is apparently possible to get 148bhp at the back wheel no problem and a new Yoshimura crank can take it over 170bhp.

Price - £6995, or very very nearest offer.

http://www.revolutionuk.co.uk/revyou...engineupgrades

VTR1000F Stage 1A to 3 110 – 150 BHP. A truly great riding experience. The Stage 3 was raced by Mark Ditchfield and “guest” raced by Gus Scott in British Superbikes. This was reported in Performance Bikes as ‘a fantastic ride’. This is truly a great bike.

All the above are off-the-shelf solutions. As previously mentioned tweek suspension, fight the flab and learn to ride what you have are initially cheaper solutions and if still can't keep up simply lash out on a turbo hayabusa

8541Hawk 08-28-2010 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by RWhisen (Post 279414)
This next section I throw in because it is a pet peeve of mine:
What (NOT wat)-What is it?
Does (NOT dose)-What does it do?
Here-It is right here!
Hear-I hear you bro.
Your-What is your opinion?
You're-You're going to hurt yourself on that.

The only one you missed in this thread is breaks & brakes....

Brakes are what slow you down.
Break is what happens when the brakes don't do their job..... ;)