Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Microsquirt?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 09:29 PM
The Underdog
Back Marker

Edwards07 is on a distinguished road
Microsquirt?

I was wondering if anybody has used one or has had experience with one. I'm a big carb guy so i hope by throwing myself into the deep end i'll learn the in's and out's of fuel injection. Any experience would be great. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-02-2007, 11:54 AM
The Underdog
Back Marker

Shoot man, i really don't know. I wonder if anyone else on this forum would know???
Old 09-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Back Marker

Spaz' is on a distinguished road
After passing through this site repeatedly and then finding this post this morning - I had to sign up.
I don't know anything about MS. But have heard of it and wondered what all it would take to convert a SH to EFI.
Yes... ...indeed. We're curious as to what people know about this and consideration for an EFI conversion to the SH.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:59 PM
The Underdog
Back Marker

This forum is awesome! Lots of knowledge and great people make it my number 1 forum. I'd like to convert it, but i figure i'll have to make my own intake manifold and than factor in all the bull crap involved in making it work correctly. It's definatly easier said than done, but i think i'll hold off until i get somemore info on it.

You could also check out thier website: http://www.microsquirt.info/
And then i just found the forum @ www.microsquirt.com

Last edited by Edwards07; 09-02-2007 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:03 PM
The Underdog
Back Marker

I think the best way to go about it though is to just get an RC51. It has more power, fuel injected, definetly more track worthy. But it would be a great project for the hawk.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:40 AM
oh no not another new guy
Squid

tbone is on a distinguished road
getting onto MS can get pretty complicated pretty quickly. I am in the middle of setting my car up with MSnS running full stand alone. as for running it on a bike, or at least the micro squirt I have no clue what is involved but it would be an interesting project.

If you decide to go for it keep us updated on your progress, I would like to see that.

Tom
Old 09-03-2007, 08:04 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
The only thing I can add is from following a thread on another forum. An engineer added one along with a SUPERCHARGER to his VFR. LOT'S of work, that's for sure. Having your own CNC and CAD/CAM is a big help plus that bike was all ready fuel-infected to begin with.

Here's the 26+ page thread! If you scan for the originators (Toro1) replies only, you should be able to finish it in, oh, about 45 minutes! LOL

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/i...hl=torocharger

Edit: Opps, he didn't go with a MS setup but it's a good read anyway.

Last edited by superbling; 09-03-2007 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Squid

futurehawk is on a distinguished road
I've been wondering the same thing. If I get a bike that's already got EFI, I don't get to learn anything. (or make mistakes that I never forget, either) Magneti Marelli makes 48mm throttle bodies for the MV F4-312. It would take an EFI computer, TB's injectors, fuel rail, blah, blah. But the upside is being able to update the dash (and those freakin' small #'s on the speedo) to a display dash (also Magnetti Marelli), plus some MM EFI computers have a traction control circuit. But then there's the small (??) mountain of money for equipment, modifications, dyno runs, more testing, troubleshooting.
It all comes down to possible awesome success vs. potential horrble failure (after all those wonderful "THIS'LL BE GREAT!" boasts) But a ported S'Hawk with HC pistons and EFI may end up more powerful that a RC51, with all of the powerband width that can make the S'Hawk easier to deal with. And the possibility of two fuel maps or other cool options.
Or you could spend less on a Duc 1098 and a chiropractor. Hmmmmmmmm...
Old 09-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Superstock

redman is on a distinguished road
just need to find the "geek" who mapped out the injection and ign curves for the RC51 and get him to re-code the box for the VTR's stroke, comp, and cam...etc. Then go adapt the gear.
Simple! heh heh......
Old 09-04-2007, 02:06 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

gboezio is on a distinguished road
I will tell you more when I start fiddling with it this winter if my turbo project kick in gear, but for now, for NA applications, you should be able to use the carbs at throttle bodies since they have a TPS and religiously sync the carbs since you can use only one MAP sensor and the other cylinder will be a carbon copy of the other. For the maps you need a wide band O2 sensor and to run autotune to make base maps.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:22 PM
The Underdog
Back Marker

If anyone is still interested, here's a pretty good link that i found while cruisin' on the supermotojunkie.com website. pretty interesting stuff, but not too far out of reach.
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...winter+project