Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Limited Time Offer - DMr Shifter

Old 01-07-2019, 05:00 PM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is an unknown quantity at this point
Limited Time Offer - DMr Shifter

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I'm making a run of our shifters. I do not intend to stock these, so if you would like one now would be the time! Price will be $105 each in either clear anodize or raw aluminum. Just like always, the shifters include precision roller bearing pivot and new heim joint for the lever side of the linkage.

Shoot me an email to [email protected] for ordering information.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:27 PM
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JamieDaugherty View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I'm making a run of our shifters. I do not intend to stock these, so if you would like one now would be the time! Price will be $105 each in either clear anodize or raw aluminum. Just like always, the shifters include precision roller bearing pivot and new heim joint for the lever side of the linkage.

I'll share this to the UK forum and 2 VTR FB groups Im on
Old 01-13-2019, 06:22 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Great shifter, I highly recommend.
Works amazing, had it for a while now, still like brand new, thanks Jaimie
Old 01-14-2019, 07:11 AM
MotoGP

Just to add a pic for those that have not seen it before elsewhere
Old 01-14-2019, 09:02 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NHSH View Post
Great shifter, I highly recommend.
Works amazing, had it for a while now, still like brand new, thanks Jaimie
Same here.
I can add that I crash tested mine and while the toe piece sheared off cleanly, no other damaged occurred. Jamie (thank you) supplied me with a replacement, It bolted on and all is new again.
Get one while you can!

Old 01-14-2019, 04:43 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by E.Marquez View Post

Just to add a pic for those that have not seen it before elsewhere
That's a really old version! I made some significant changes after that first run. Since then the levers got a new style and ball bearing pivot. I couldn't find a photograph, so hopefully this screenshot will suffice.

Old 01-14-2019, 04:56 PM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road

Just sent off my email...!
Old 01-14-2019, 05:55 PM
MotoGP

That's a really old version! I made some significant changes after that first run. Since then the levers got a new style and ball bearing pivot. I couldn't find a photograph, so hopefully this screenshot will suffice.
Whoops I loaded the wrong photo, that was my first one from you, I bought another when you changed the design.

Old 02-04-2019, 03:15 AM
Back Marker

ACE VenTRa is on a distinguished road
What are the odds of getting it made out of stainless?
Old 02-04-2019, 09:39 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by ACE VenTRa View Post
What are the odds of getting it made out of stainless?
Ohh, interesting but that would take redoing the code for sure for the different materiel,,,umm and likely different tool selection as well.(Im not a CNC guy, only dabble on others machines so I could be way off)

If I may ask..Why? And of course there is no wrong answer...If its just "Because" good enough. The Anodizing he uses is holding up really well.. My first one purchased many years ago still looks great.

If you wanting the ultra shiny look, get one non anodized and polish it, then clear coat

Last edited by E.Marquez; 02-04-2019 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:38 PM
Back Marker

Well, I think stainless cleans up well but my main idea, and I may be wrong, is that if I can make parts out of stainless rather than aluminum, especially the bits that connect to appendages, I'm thinking that the transmission of vibration may reduced or the frequencies that transmit may be different and possibly lead to a slightly more comfortable ride. Top triple would be cool, fork brace, shifter and linkage...stuff like that maybe, just a thought.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:07 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Well, I think stainless cleans up well but my main idea, and I may be wrong, is that if I can make parts out of stainless rather than aluminum, especially the bits that connect to appendages, I'm thinking that the transmission of vibration may reduced or the frequencies that transmit may be different and possibly lead to a slightly more comfortable ride. Top triple would be cool, fork brace, shifter and linkage...stuff like that maybe, just a thought.
I don't know man... seems like harder to do work on stainless, also heavier... as for cleaning, I don't bother much at all other than periodic wipe :-)
Old 02-05-2019, 03:12 AM
Back Marker

Meh, weight is marginal. Stainless is a cinch if you polish it before install, after that it's...well...stainless. Again, regarding weight, I think a little extra weight in certain areas might be a good thing.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:43 AM
SuperSport

twist is on a distinguished road
much better than the OEM shifter, better adjustment options, better looking, great seller!
Old 03-09-2019, 01:00 PM
SuperBike

I'm just curious what vibrations you think are transmitted through the shift lever?