Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

How much should I pay for jetting?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 06:01 PM
SuperSport

jschmidt
$500
Old 04-21-2005, 08:28 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How much should I pay for jetting?

Dude, if you are the least bit mechanically inclined do it your self. $500.00 is probably about right including the $100 jet kit.

You have to figure it will take 2 to 3 hours labor for the local shop to do the job. If by chance you find a fellow superhawk owner that is local to you and done this before and will assist you you can do it in less time.

I probaly could di it in 1 1/2 hours start to finish, but that is due to knowing the vtr well and doing several of these before, but most likely i would end up fine tuning it and having to pull tank once or twice again to do the job right.

This forum is a great reference and if you have the patience and time you can do it.

If someone tells you that they can put a jet kit in and get it set exactly right the first time then they are smoking crack or got dang lucky the first time.

Chances are the kit will go in close the first time, but will require tuning to get it dialed in, which means more $$$

my moto:
" i can F**k it up just as good as the local shop can 3 out of 10 times, but the other 7 times i will get it right and save money"

I am a fan of the Factory Pro jet kit, but others like the DynaJet kit.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:51 AM
Superstock

VTRDarren
Re: How much should I pay for jetting?

I paid a little over 200 a few years ago at Niagara Power Sports http://www.niagarapower.com/ . This included before and after dyno runs and maybe one in between as he made some adjustments. He said there was already "other than stock" jets in there and instead of ordering another whole kit to make changes, he just ordered up the exact jets he wanted to fix a flat spot I had around 4k.
He gave me copies of the dyno run printouts and the old jets as well.