Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Hey Superbling!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 09:41 AM
Back Marker

tommygdbr is on a distinguished road
Hey Superbling!

I was looking at you avatar and noticed you have some custom looking exhaust installed. Ebay has several sellers that have "universal exhaust mufflers" in CF, aluminium, ect. I was thinking about getting some and having a muffler shop bend me the proper size/shape for the midpipe.. any info?
Old 01-22-2007, 10:17 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Those are RC51's but they take some major mods (depending on your point of view) to install.

I also had a muffler shop fab up a copy of the mid-pipes from my old 2bros highmount pipes. I then mounted a set of "standard" microns to them with no problems. I sold those "unfinished" midpipes to a forum member who was going to get them coated.

So yes, you can buy universal cans but you'll need some sort of mid-pipe. Some exhaust companies will sell you their versions of the midpipe but they are pretty damn expensive IMO.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:04 AM
Back Marker

I was bidding on a set of CF Youshi's for a Suzuki TL1000s that I thought I could make work, but was outbided.. damn you Ebay. Anyways, Someone had posted that they were doing a custom exhaust with CF cans and I figured I could save some $ and do the same. My Hawk only cost $3,500 and I cringe at the thought of spending north of $500 for some nice slip on's (my Jardine slip for my CBR600RR was only $200.00) Do you remember what the muffler shop charged for your midpipe?
Old 01-22-2007, 11:16 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by tommygdbr
Do you remember what the muffler shop charged for your midpipe?
Oh it wasn't too much, something like $30-40 but they were simply copying another set and not having to bend and fit, bend and fit, etc which would have taken a lot more time and thus $$$.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:25 AM
Back Marker

Right, thx for the help/info!
Old 01-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Squid

karlosvtr is on a distinguished road
so would you be in a position to make some replicas at all? and hopefully post to the uk
Old 01-22-2007, 06:45 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by karlosvtr
so would you be in a position to make some replicas at all? and hopefully post to the uk
LOL, no sorry. I only made one copy and ended up selling them. I agree tho', there is a market for them.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Superstock

102dals is an unknown quantity at this point
Bling,
Don't I have them?

Andy
Old 03-15-2007, 08:44 PM
MotoGP

Yup but judging by your avatar, they're sitting in a box somewhere. LOL!
Old 03-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Superstock

102dals is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually, the avatar's OLD.
I put them on, but never bought canns to fit. I didn't really like the finish, and pricing in Vegas was over $150 for coating (too many friggin' chopper guys here).
I've given up on the Yoshis...they're going to Florida tomorrow to a lister (for a pretty good price). I've got stockers back on, and currently toying with which hi-mount Jardines to buy (round-blacks or CF). The TIs looked nice, but I really prefer the high mount style.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:18 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by 102dals
Actually, the avatar's OLD.
I put them on, but never bought canns to fit. I didn't really like the finish, and pricing in Vegas was over $150 for coating (too many friggin' chopper guys here).
I've given up on the Yoshis...they're going to Florida tomorrow to a lister (for a pretty good price). I've got stockers back on, and currently toying with which hi-mount Jardines to buy (round-blacks or CF). The TIs looked nice, but I really prefer the high mount style.
Jet-hot will coat "standard exhaust tubing" for about $15/ft which it what they are in their present condition and less than 2ft long each!!! Do it.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Back Marker

Tom Blum is on a distinguished road
102dals

If you still have the mid pipes that Superbling made, how about renting them out to a few of us, who could then take them to our local muffler shop and have copies made?

A deposit would insure they didn't get lost somewhere or stuck in the "tomorrow never comes" situation that so many hobby projects find themselves in.

What do you think??

Tom