Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Help with 2 Bros Slip Ons (Low Mount)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 04:15 PM
Squid

redhawk4dpt is on a distinguished road
Help with 2 Bros Slip Ons (Low Mount)

I am hoping someone can help me. My 2002 Hawk (I bought it used with just under 12k miles) has low mount 2 Bros slip ons. The sound is great! My problem...it hiccups at about 4k RPM's. And, it pops under deceleration, especially in 1st and 2nd. I have been told by a Honda dealership that the 2 Bros are the best slip ons to get. He did suggest I run a fuel injector cleaner to help clean the carb jets, since he thinks the previous owner didn't ride the bike much. What should I do? Should I run a full system and jet the carbs? I haven't run the injector cleaner yet. Do I need to jet the carbs anyway?

Thanks! I am fairly new to this site and appreciate any advice. BTW, I love my S-Hawk!
Old 10-15-2006, 04:25 PM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
Carb jetting will pobably solve your hiccup. You don't need a full system though, the stock headers are quite sufficient. Are you running a stock or aftermarket air filter? The decel popping is normal and will only be lessened by a PAIR block-off.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:24 PM
Squid

redhawk4dpt is on a distinguished road
MisterMohawk-

Thanks for the reply. The air filter is stock. Do you suggest a K&N or should I leave it stock? Good to know the decel popping is normal, however, what is a PAIR block-off? What jet kits do you suggest?

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2006, 06:02 PM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
I'd suggest an aftermarket filter with a jet kit and slipons. K&N is the most popular, but BMC makes a good cotton filter as well. I'd reccomend a Factory Pro kit (because that's the brand I have experience with). With my K&N and TwoBros slipons I used the Factory supplied pilot jet, 182f and 185r main jets and fuel screw 2.5 turns out. The Factory kit comes with jet suggestions and detailed instructions on dialing in your jetting, as your results will vary from mine.

As for the PAIR, just type 'pair system' in the search field above and busy yourself reading. Understand the system before you decide to block it off. http://www.motobits.com/ had block-off plates if you decide to go that route.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:15 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Do a search on the carb shim mod. 98 cents may be all it takes!
Old 10-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
But kits are so much more fun!