Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Front sprocket wiggle??

Old 05-25-2008, 09:03 AM
Back Marker

GeMs is on a distinguished road
Front sprocket wiggle??

I ordered the Sum of all parts 15/43 520 conversion and for all of you that had ordered that kit or that have done gear changes in general, notice any wiggle on the front sprocket? And the kit should come with the right length chain also.. right? I have the motion pro chain tool and already removed the stock chain. Please respond ASAP.. I have the bike disassembled in the driveway. Thankss
Old 05-25-2008, 10:31 AM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
The chain comes in a standard length of 120 links I believe. You will have to trim off some, not sure how many, but once you have the sprockets and wheel back on, move the slack adjuster so the wheel is closest to the bike, wrap the chain around both sprockets, so the 2 loose ends are on the rear, pull tight, then break the chain on the appropriate link.

Someone else just had a problem with the front sprocket being loose. I didn't have that problem with mine so I can't really help there.