Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Devil High-mounts

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 08:53 AM
Squid
Squid

Vincent
Devil High-mounts

Anyone running the Devils? How do they sound? Can you compare them to any others you've heard? Sound bytes?
Old 07-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Back Marker

RVO27
I have the Stainless high mount devils on my bike. I love em! They are pretty loud and give an incredible scream at high rpm's and a lot of low grunt tones at lower rpm's. I would recomend them to any superhawk owner.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Squid

redline76
Devils in carbon

I have 'em. They're nicely made and have the added benefit of always being cool to the touch, even after a sprited canyon ride. I don't find them too loud at all, probably the best compromise if you don't want the "look at me" factor. Other people riding behind me say they sound awesome.

With that being said:

From the rider's seat, I don't find the sound bassy enough, like the two brothers or yosh slip ons. Coming up through the rev range, they take on a flat, snapping sound that's all mids, not a deep thumping sound like I want out of a twin. Not a big enough deal to get me to spend $ to change, but I'd swap for a Leo Vince system because I like the look of oval cans.

YMMV.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Squid
Squid

Vincent
Thats exactly what I am looking for. I definitely do not want the "look at me" factor because I live in a nice quiet hood and like my neighbors. But I still want some scream when I open it up. Leo's sound friggin awesome, but I want CF cans and they don't offer them for the SH. Thanks for your feedback!
Old 08-07-2006, 05:37 AM
Squid

zimm is on a distinguished road
I have the devil titanium high mounts. They fit great and allow you to keep the passenger foot pegs.

I had to replace my D&D carbon fiber cans that blew out the screens at 10,000 miles and rattled. The devil's have held up much better. They are a little quieter than the D&D, but look better and are of much higher quality.

I highly recommend them.

Check my page at http://zimm17.com and there's a link to my bike with a pic or two.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:49 AM
Squid

redline76
Devils with the baffles removed

For ***** & giggles I decided to drill out the rivets and pulled out the baffles from my Devil pipes.

My bike is now officially obnoxious and I keep meaning to put them back in, but....maybe next week.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Squid
Squid

Vincent
I ended up going with Leo Vince's. They have a removable baffle but are pretty loud and deep with or without them. And I really like how the satin finish matches the rest of the bike.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:51 PM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool!
Old 08-09-2006, 03:58 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Vincent
Thats exactly what I am looking for. I definitely do not want the "look at me" factor because I live in a nice quiet hood and like my neighbors. But I still want some scream when I open it up. Leo's sound friggin awesome, but I want CF cans and they don't offer them for the SH. Thanks for your feedback!

Actually they do (did?) make carbon Leo's, I have carbon highmounts on mine. I was lucky enough to get a perfect set off ebay when the guy who bought them ran into $ problems. I don't seem to see them available though on places like pipecity.com or starcycle.com, but didn't look too hard elsewhere. I have seen them on a few other superhawks in the past so they are or or at least were available at one time. I also had a pair of polished alum Devil's for a short time, and my favorite thing about them was that the midpipes were like sewer pipes, larger than any other system I've seen.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Squid

redline76
Originally Posted by captainchaos
Actually they do (did?) make carbon Leo's, I have carbon highmounts on mine. I was lucky enough to get a perfect set off ebay when the guy who bought them ran into $ problems. I don't seem to see them available though on places like pipecity.com or starcycle.com, but didn't look too hard elsewhere. I have seen them on a few other superhawks in the past so they are or or at least were available at one time. I also had a pair of polished alum Devil's for a short time, and my favorite thing about them was that the midpipes were like sewer pipes, larger than any other system I've seen.
Yeah, they were offered at one time, but I never could find a set.

After a couple of weeks, the sound has grown on me and I'm probably not going to put the silencers back. The bike sounds mean
Old 08-15-2006, 07:17 PM
Squid

Fireboy121 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have experience purchasing the devil high mounts from a "reasonable" dealer? If so, how much and where?
Old 08-16-2006, 08:05 AM
Back Marker

RVO27
I purchased my devil's from eurobikes.com but paid about $100 more than I could have got them from Devilbikes.com directly. I didn't know devilbikes sold direct to customers at the time. The guys at Devilbikes.com are extremely nice and helpful. They also gave me a break on a replacement midpipe when Mine was dropped. If I was to purchase them again I would talk to devilbikes directly and skip the middle man. IMO
Old 08-16-2006, 10:01 AM
Back Marker

Jake D is on a distinguished road
So to you guys with high mounts:

Do your heels touch the mid-pipes while you are riding? It looks to me like when I am on the ***** of me feet (all the time), that my heels will just sit there and cook on the high mount mid-pipe.

Thoughts?
Old 08-16-2006, 10:55 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
The way you ride they probably will but you can buy some cheap heat shields for like $15-20 at Dennis Kirk or others. Some high mounts will come with the shields but not all.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Squid
Squid

Vincent
Yes, mine touch, sz 12 boot. Heel plates are helpful.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Back Marker

RVO27
Yeah mine touch when I'm on the ***** of my feet. The Devil's do not come with heat shields FYI.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Back Marker

See, that's kind of what I figured. I wear 12's too, and 12.5's in motorcycle boots, actually. Me heels hit the stock can as it is.

Yeah, heat shield sound like a good option.

So, if I have a heat shield on there, will the mid-pipe interfere with my movement? Is it a distraction? Does it cause problems with your riding technique? Obviously, a ton of guys are running high mounts, so it must not be that big of a deal.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:46 AM
MotoGP

Not really you get use to it quickly. Here's a picture of what they can do to a nice $200 pair of Oxtar boots!
Old 08-16-2006, 12:06 PM
Back Marker

Nice.

I have some of those Set Up boots, that are made "with the assistance" of Sidi. They are a great buy, for the money.

Sounds like heat shields are too.

Thanks guys!
Old 08-16-2006, 12:10 PM
MotoGP

Best $15 you could spend!