Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

BLOW THROUGH CARB

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Squid

vtr1000long is on a distinguished road
BLOW THROUGH CARB

ANYONE EVER TURNED A CARB TO A "BLOW THROUGH CARB"? IF SO, HOW? WHAT REFFERENCES DID YOU USE?
AND THE ONLY JET KITS IS SEE FOR SALE IS STAGE 1. HOW DO I MAKE A STAGE 2 OR 3...?
Old 10-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Not to be an ***, but if your planning on tuning a turbo motor set up with a Blow through carb, and have no better grasp of carbs and jetting then the above post....then your not likely to have a successful outcome.

Secondly, there is no kit made for a forced intake carb set up on this application...

You want a turbo VTR1000,,,with carbs..... your on your own....

Oh and you might want to do some research on what happens to these motors above the 100HP level running stock interniels .. may change your mind on a turbo bike..once you see what you would have to spend/upgrade to handle the power.

If you build it we will watch with **** eating grins for sure
Old 10-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
he might be using the carbs for another application; like a car...they're huge, so if they could be modified cheaply for blow-through use that would be cool.

dude, if you're using carbs for some crazy turbo setup that isn't a superhawk...just go draw-through and either get your turbos re-sealed up to handle it or buy different turbos...
Old 10-10-2012, 05:35 PM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
I think if you plumb the bowl vent to the airbox it will work. Make sure it seals tight as getting presure on top of the fuel in the bowls is the only way to allow the venturi effect to do it's thing. With that setup you will likely have to do some custom jetting, I would plan on dyno time for that as it won't be very easy. It sounds like a fun experiment though!