Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Anyone near Orlando with Bafflectomy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 06:00 PM
Back Marker

bluevtr
Red face Anyone near Orlando with Bafflectomy?

I am seriously thinking about doing the Bafflectomy on my new toy, but really want to hear one first. I'm a big fan of the v-twin sound, but also a believer that loud pipes do more to turn non-riders against us (95% of the population) and hurt our freedom more than any other act with the possible exception of wheelies down the interstate.

I'm not trying to turn this into a "loud pipes" debate, there's been enough of those in the past, but I'd love to hear a set of de-baffled (is that a word?) pipes in person. So whaddya say?
Old 06-12-2006, 08:53 AM
Banned
Back Marker

99Hawkboy
I live in Orlando and I have it done on my bike. You just have to get up the nerve to make the first cut and after that its all down hill. It works out great too! The mufflers look a whole lot better too because its just one big hole now instead of a little hole that the bike breathes out of. The coolest thing is its not that loud. Sure its louder than stock... but its nowhere near annoying.

Whenever I start her up in the garage and go back inside i can feel the walls and the pulsation of the hawk in the any wall in my home. :-)
Old 06-12-2006, 10:01 AM
Squid

lifeofadvntr is on a distinguished road
Blue,

Another option vs. the full bafflectomy is to drill several 3/8" holes around the port...it will add some of the sound without being obnoxious. I did this when I first got my Hawk and did not jet but noticed some loss in the mountains of socal (lived there at the time). If later you want more sound you can get to the full bafflectomy or upgrade to slip ons. Either will require you to rejet.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
I've got sound files on my website. Check them out.