Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Anyone know if www.vvme.com is.......

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Squid

amazin is on a distinguished road
Anyone know if www.vvme.com is.......

Anyone know if www.vvme.com is good to deal with or not?

They have HID kits for 50 bucks. Thanks for any info
Old 04-13-2010, 02:23 PM
Superstock

spladle160 is on a distinguished road
Dunno, but your not planning on sticking it in without a projector are you?
Old 04-13-2010, 02:50 PM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
nooooo, dont buy that junk kit. i had one in my suv. let me put it this way, sounds like a great deal, comes with a relayand everything, seemsbasic, not really. right from the start one of my lights wouldnt fire, i had to cycle them on and off to get it to fire. i contact them they tell me its likely a ballast and say theyll replace it if i ship it back. well with me shipping it back there and me buying another ballast im only out a few bucks so i buy another one. it works, for a bit, and again the same thing happens, they tell me its the wiring harness so they replace the harness for me, and again the same thing happens with the other light now, turns out a bulb went bad, so i replace a bulb, and then that other ballast blows. so in total i replaced both ballasts, a bulb, and the harness, nearly doubleing what i spent on the kit originally. so for the last year its been fine, but thats only because everythings been replaced. would i buy from them again, not a fuken chance. its one thing to loose one light in my suv or even both as i have bright fog lights, but the last thing id want is to be mid corner on a bike and have it stop working
Old 04-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Squid

amazin is on a distinguished road
Ok good to know. I am actually looking for a projector also. It doesnt seem that hard to redo the stock housing.

Thanks for the replies guys!!
Old 04-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
If you are going for a projector they usualy use a D2S bulb which has a totaly different connector than the crappy "kit" HID's... I'd skip the whole idea with the kits and go for a set of an OEM ballast/ignitor and a matching projector to begin with... Should save you time, money and a lot of frustration and get it right to begin with...
Old 04-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Superstock

spladle160 is on a distinguished road
It's not to hard and it's immensely satisfying, I LOVE riding at night now. I went with a d2s setup since it seems that there are good bulbs for it and that's what fit's the land rover projector I used. I bought a my d2s connector off ebay and it plugs right into my kit from Euro EFX. The kit has a lifetime warranty and seems like good quality so far but I would never recommend the company. Terrible customer service and the original bulb (that was wired in) sucked and didn't even fit the headlight housing. They also said it would be Hi/lo and wasn't.

Last edited by spladle160; 04-13-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:45 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
Somewhere on this site, GixxerJohn has offered to do HID kits for a good price. Give it a search. I think 1 or 2 people already have his handywork on their bikes.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:39 AM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
yeah he did mine its pretty sweet. i think hes been busy but if you want i can send him a message to pm you
Old 04-14-2010, 08:07 AM
Always Learning
Back Marker

AdamK is on a distinguished road
Just to throw my two cents in as I just purchased two HID kits form ddmtuning.com, nice units for a car/truck but for a bike... eh. I have had a couple issues with the light firing on start up and had to shut the bike off and back on to get it fire. once the unit goes dead I will call it quits and either go to gixxerjohn and have one made as his look badass, or just go with the eastern beaver relay kit.

I will say though the customer service so far at ddmtuning has been great so that is the one thing keeping me.