Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

320mm Oversized Rotors Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 07:56 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by spladle160
I got lucky and chanced into my over sized rotors with the front end I bought. I'm not all that super impressed with my brakes though. I have a 600rr radial master stainless lines and f4i calipers with their stock pads on 310 rotors. maybe some vesrah rjl's would help?
Pads do make a LARGE difference, also make sure you have good well bled fluid.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:01 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Well, I finally located a set of the same rotors as Inde and have them on order (along with a set of brackets from Braketech). As I really like the look of the black webbing Inde originally showed I will be doing that to mine (brackets too, to match my black fork lowers). I will be mounting everything up along with a set of new Vesrah RJL pads (apparently EBC recommends using new pads to bed them in; the HRCs will go into storage as they still have lots of life left). Should make for some bulging eyes when the lever gets squeezed, lol (brakes worked extremely well with the stock rotors...)

BTW, thanks Daniel (Inde) for helping me to find yet another way to spend my money, lol

Now I just have to decide which two sets of extra front rotors I need to get rid of..... decisions, decisions........
Old 05-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikstr
BTW, thanks Daniel (Inde) for helping me to find yet another way to spend my money, lol
What goes around...

And well, you know the rest...

BTW, You have any new idea's... My list is kind of either unrealistic or on hold for whatever reason...

(Except the busa controls, the larger tank, the... )
Old 05-13-2010, 08:28 AM
MotoGP

Well, I would still love to get an aluminum subframe (but you already have that, bastard, lol). I am heading down to Greg`s on Saturday and will pick up my stock of parts so the BMC filter and stick coils will be going in shortly (as may the 48 pilots although that isn`t definite yet). I will also start looking at adapting my instrment pod to the aluminum fairing stay I will now have in my possession.

I am looking at getting a DLC coating applied to (new) valve buckets (have them put in when I get it rebuilt) and possibly the new piston pins too.

I`ll keep you posted on any other schemes I dream up.....
Old 05-13-2010, 08:56 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikstr
Now I just have to decide which two sets of extra front rotors I need to get rid of..... decisions, decisions........
I am sure you can sell them on here. I got asked about the rotors separately off my front end when I was trying to sell it.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:35 AM
MotoGP

Caliper relocation brackets came in today.... woohoo!!!! Nicely machined pieces, anodized black (save me from having to paint them). Just waiting on the rotors now.

BTW, Inde, whihc pads are you running with your EBC race rotors? As they are made of iron (and not stainless as OEM units), seems I may have to get different pads. I have a message out to the chap I bought them from asking if I can use my new Vesrah RJLs (without fear of messing them up).
Old 05-17-2010, 09:39 AM
SuperSport

reaper is on a distinguished road
Inderocker/Mikster:

Do you have a part # you can share from Braketech? Also, besides the 320mm 929 rotor, is the another 320mm rotor that is a direct bolt-on?
Old 05-17-2010, 04:29 PM
MotoGP

No part number from Braketech. Just e-mail Jeff (jeff@braketech.com) and tell him you are looking for the caliper relocation kits.

In so far as rotors are concerned, 929 rotors do not fit (and are 330 mm BTW). You can get CBR1100XX rotors to fit but they are 310 mm and have a different offset. The EBC racing rotors (like Inde's and mine) have the same offset and mounting set-up, are just 24 mm larger in diameter.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:40 PM
SuperSport

reaper is on a distinguished road
The 929 rotors do not fit because they are 330mm or the bolt pattern? When you say the EBC racing rotors are 24mm larger in diameter, what are you comparing it to?

I did get ahold of Jeff @ Braketech and ordered a set of brackets. I also purchased a set of rotors off a '97 cbr900rr which might work with the stock front wheel, mentioned in an earlier post. I need to find a 320mm rotor that will work with my F3 front wheel.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:54 PM
MotoGP

929/954 front rotors will not fit due to the bolt pattern (they just happen to also be 330mm, not 320 mm). As for the EBC race rotors, they are 320mm vs the stock VTR rotors which are 296mm (which are the same as 96-97 CBR, 600F3 and select VFRs), whihc is 24 mm larger.

Send me a PM and I can give you the links to two places that have the race rotors in stock (or did last week anyhow).