SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Cosmetic (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/)
-   -   Wind Screens (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/wind-screens-13531/)

102dals 02-25-2008 11:17 PM

I have a ZG doub-bub in Vegas, and I have no problems with the guages. Sun here is VERY intense...and I have NO problem. Mine is dark model, maybe that helps?
I'm 5 10 & I have a consistent soft whistle in my helmet above 55mph, from the visor. Happened when I added the DB a while back, but the airflow hits me in a better spot, and the whistle is softer with earplugs in.
I like the look of the Puig better, but I got a deal on the ZG "second" from eBay (~$20). I'm also curious about the touring screen by ZG. Not quite enough to drop $70 now, though.

RK1 02-26-2008 01:41 AM

I always wear earplugs on the highway, so don't have a problem with wind noise per se.

What I disliked about the OEM screen was that at 70-80 mph i'd get buffeting and the screen came back too far to ever tuck behind.

I just put on a ZG double bubble light smoke. I still get wind/noise but the airflow hits higher, is much smoother and no longer bats my head around like a ping pong ball in a tornado.

cperson 02-26-2008 06:26 PM

I was hoping to reduce or eliminate the wind blast of wind at the base of my neck which
creates lift and tries to tear the helmet off my head at highway speeds, makes a loud jet-like noise at highway speeds, and on cold mornings can freeze my chin. I think the helmet design may have something to do with it too. I hear (no pun intended) the wind nose complaint mostly from riders with full face helmets. I think wind is less directed with the 3/4 or open face type - more of a general head-on blast. I've been wearing earplugs on rides more than 20-30 minutes at higher speeds. It's just too fatiguing without them.

Hawk9807 02-26-2008 07:18 PM

Being 6'3" tall i found that the Zero Gravity Sport Touring screen works pretty well. Does good at highway speeds and higher, and it's easier to tuck in behind. just my .02 cents.

VTR69 02-29-2008 04:41 PM

ZG DB on mine. Works good.

E.Marquez 02-29-2008 06:23 PM

Puig double bubble,d, ark smoke fit was only ok,,, looks great.

nnjhawk02 03-01-2008 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by floppyhat (Post 142791)
I really like the looks of the Zero sport Touring screen, anybody used it?

+1

I have the ZG touring - its not that much bigger than stock & w/ deflection lip helps w/ wind Never a problem w/ it

nuhawk 03-01-2008 07:28 PM

I think the Puig is a good fit for riders under 5'10". Taller riders cannot tuck under the airflow. Shorter riders can look out the top of the visor and turn it up. The airfoil is very stable. The spoils over the screen go over the helmet at the same speed - in the same line.

The airflow is very even.

The fit on both my screens in two years was spot on.

I think the dark smoke is better looking than the lite smoke.