Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

VFR rear section

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 12:08 AM
Back Marker

Besucher98
VFR rear section

Anyone tried putting a VFR rear (tail) section on the superhawk?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Squid

joe6pack is on a distinguished road
I just bought my VTR from a guy who was trying to make a VFR out of it. It had a VFR fairing, insturments (with the VTR tach stuck in the VFR cluster) a superbike conversion clamp handlebar and he was in the process of trying to put a VFR tail section on it when he decided to just buy an Aprillia Futura instead. I have since sold most of the VFR stuff on ebay and am returning the bike to stock configuration, but I do have pics of the front end and will try to get around to posting them. I still have the VTR rear subframe and it is nothing like the one on the VTR - he was going to have to fab up a hybrid of the two in order to get it to work. Also the VFR tank (which I still have) doesn't fit on the VTR too well either. It would have to be pretty modified or sort of stuck on and faired in with fiberglass or some such - more trouble than it's worth if you ask me. My plan is to just go with the Ventura rails and grab bar and get the stock seat customized, maybe some Buell footpegs and helibars and be done with it. They should make these things more useful in the first place, JMHO.