Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Undertail question

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Squid

sfjreid is on a distinguished road
Undertail question

Will this fit our bikes?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/HONDA-VTR-1000-SP-98-03-UNDERTAIL-YELLOW-SUNRISE-UN43-/110440546329?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash =item19b6c50019#ht_2451wt_905[/URL]
Old 07-23-2011, 06:51 PM
SuperBike

scottiemann is on a distinguished road
Im pretty sure it does... I was lookin at one of those a couple years ago

however I believe they have it labelled wrong it fits our bikes not an rc51 and be forewarned you have to cut up your undertail quite a bit to put that on... hence the hole for the seat lock cylinder..

in fact I think you might actually have to cut into the trays underneath the seat to fit that on but Ill let someone else field that one

I tried to find a pic of it installed but couldnt (I know Ive seen it)

good luck
Old 07-23-2011, 07:00 PM
SuperBike

scottiemann is on a distinguished road
found a pic for you check out "goose gets a tickle" posted by snoogle in mod cosmetics you cant miss it... he has one on his bike the pic is about 3/4 way down the page
Old 07-24-2011, 12:27 AM
Squid

Snoogle is on a distinguished road
POS!!

If you are thinking of buying it, then please think again.

The quality on original inspection was acceptable. Then I installed it and found the brake light to be barely any brighter and the indicators (turn signals) to be absolutely useless. In the end I left my mini turns on and blocked off the wires on the tail unit.

I have only put about 250 miles on the bike since this has been installed, however one of the domed lenses has fallen out of the light and you can see into the unit.

I was originally told about the questionable quality of the item, but, nobody actually said what was so bad with it...if I were you I would find something else.

I have contacted the company that I bought mine from for replacement parts or a refund and waiting on a reply.

It's a shame because compared to other lights/undertrays this one IMO gives the tail of the bike a more modern look and am gutted I have to find something to replace it if the company I bought it from refuses to play ball.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Squid

sfjreid is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Snoogle
If you are thinking of buying it, then please think again.

The quality on original inspection was acceptable. Then I installed it and found the brake light to be barely any brighter and the indicators (turn signals) to be absolutely useless. In the end I left my mini turns on and blocked off the wires on the tail unit.

I have only put about 250 miles on the bike since this has been installed, however one of the domed lenses has fallen out of the light and you can see into the unit.

I was originally told about the questionable quality of the item, but, nobody actually said what was so bad with it...if I were you I would find something else.

I have contacted the company that I bought mine from for replacement parts or a refund and waiting on a reply.

It's a shame because compared to other lights/undertrays this one IMO gives the tail of the bike a more modern look and am gutted I have to find something to replace it if the company I bought it from refuses to play ball.
How did you mount your plate to the undertail? Have any pics?