Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Superhawk with Sp1 fairing. Is it possible???

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Superstock

doomcookie is on a distinguished road
Superhawk with Sp1 fairing. Is it possible???

Hey guys I'm new here. I have a 98 Superhawk used to be red but I got it painted to black. Anyways I been having this dream here for awhile now. I just want to know if it is possible to put a SP-1 fairing on the hawk. I went look on ebay and there is some good deals. It say fit for vtr1000, hawks are vtr1000 as well so I just want to ask you guys to see if it is possible. I would save up for it if its possible. I figure I have to get the head lights off the from the beginning. I did do some searching and there is one guy here that show picture of a hawk with rc-51 fairing but nothing on the sp-1. Thanks guys
Old 06-13-2009, 02:09 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
The SP1 and the RC51 is one and the same... In the rest of the world the 00-01 is called the SP1 and the 02-06 is SP2... In the US they are both RC51... Confusing...
Old 06-13-2009, 04:26 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
One chap (beleive he is, or was, a member here) had done it. I have also stumbled across a CBR600RR and CBR900RR fairings being used.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:08 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by Tweety
The SP1 and the RC51 is one and the same... In the rest of the world the 00-01 is called the SP1 and the 02-06 is SP2... In the US they are both RC51... Confusing...

Yes very confusing ... I think I'ma do it may take some time to gather up parts but before this year end I will have it done. Thanks Guys. Will post picture if i get it done
Old 06-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Superstock

Oh and i did saw the one with the cbr fairing on here. It look really nice i like it.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Superstock

Hey guys do you guys know any place I can look for SP1 head lights. I have been searching all I found is taillights
Old 06-13-2009, 11:17 PM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by doomcookie
Hey guys do you guys know any place I can look for SP1 head lights. I have been searching all I found is taillights
I've always gotten mine from Ebay. Sometimes it can take a while for the one you need to show up and you must be aggressive to win it. I've bought 2 for around $75 each.

To take on what you are proposing I suggest using race fairings with no headlights. Getting headlights to mount properly and securely will be a bitch. Using the race fairing you can put your own lights in where they fit better. You could go for a 999 look or something.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:33 AM
Superstock

Thanks for the suggestion appreciate it i was pretty much given up on the head lights lol too hard to find.. you made a good point i should just go for the racing fairing and use custom head lights.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Crash
Superstock

COLE is on a distinguished road
u ll have 2 make ur own brackets for everything
Old 07-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Superstock

RoofCleanPhenom is an unknown quantity at this point
yep bracket making is a must, I heard the opening on the fairings for the radiator are different, might want to look into that
Old 07-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Superstock

i finally decided on what i'ma do for the hawk haven't located the part yet. I did found one on ebay which the guy didn't want to take my offer. It was for a f3 lower racing fairing which didn't really look that great and need alot of work and he want 75 for it i offered 45 because of the amount of work to make it look nice. My plan is to find an f3 left and right lower that is decent in price and will need to mold them together and what i'ma do is cut it at the point i wanted and mold it to the hawk fairing. Basicly making my own lower fairing. I think it will look nice and need some work to fit right but i can manage that part. Finding the part really suck and ebay is not cheap either they want too much some of them. 45 for each side mind as well go for full set. thats my plan though i hope it will work out.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Squid

flyingeyepro is on a distinguished road
When I purchased my superhawk it had Sharkskin SP1 racing fairings on it. They used a Harris front mount. Search my previous posts for pics of that fairing.