Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Opinions on footpegs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 09:35 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Opinions on footpegs?

I'm looking for basic aftermarket replacements, but my knowledge base is limited to e-bay and Amazon. There seems to be one set available aside from OEM ones. Anyone know what to look for and where to look for these?

Thanks
Old 12-01-2010, 05:13 AM
Squid

apex459 is on a distinguished road
Cool

I dont think there are a ton of options for foot pegs for the Hawk. But you should check Competitionaccessories.com, Lockhartphillips.com, and starcycle.com. I hope you can find what you are looking for at one of these sites. Good luck.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:14 AM
Back Marker

HawkRider98 is on a distinguished road
There is a Buell peg mod that is pretty easy to do. Do a search and there are instructions and places to purchase. I have them on my bike and they are way beter than stock.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Are you looking for footpegs or rearsets? ie adjustable... If you are looking for footpegs you choices are limited to round or tapered and whatever horrible color you prefer... Brands and manufacturers are unimportant, the stuff is the same...

For rearsets it's pricy... Damned pricy...
Old 12-01-2010, 09:19 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tweety
whatever horrible color you prefer...
Hahahah! Got it. Yeah, just the footpegs, I'm not looking to upgrade rearsets anytime soon. The rubber came off of my OEM ones so I was looking around for replacements to see if there were better options as it has seemed that there are ALWAYS opinions on all things motorcycle. It makes sense that there are long discussions on tires and oil, just wanted to see if there was any interest/racing expertise on this subject.

I take it with your photographic memory, Tweety, you have some grudge against color?
Old 12-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Nope... No grudge, but whatever color it is supposed to be on those parts they usually manage to make them kind of "loud" ie the red is not a rich red, it's towards the pinkish and doesn't match the bikes color... Ie horrible... Plus I'm of the opinion that 2 or 3 colors on a bike is enough, more gets blotchy...

And since I usually manage to partially grind the coloring off sooner or later making it look even worse, I usually opt for the natural aluminium color or rare cases black... I shortened the stock one's of by about half an inch grinding them in the corners (And made a dimesized hole in the header)... So I'd say rearsets are beneficial...

But that's just me... I have issues with chrome too... My bike migth look "pretty", but that's kind of a by-product of function... If it doesn't make me go faster it goes in the bin of leftover parts...

Last edited by Tweety; 12-01-2010 at 11:38 AM.