Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Ocd is not fun for me

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 11:17 AM
Squid

That One Guy is on a distinguished road
Ocd is not fun for me

So, my hawk’s right side fairing and the top of the very nice zg double bubble Have been broken. The fairing is broken off to the mirror and the screen has a big chunk taken off. I have considered a plastics swap (rc51, cbr, blah blah blah) or even going the route of the mario nava “R” plastics with the dual headlights. Alas, money has escaped my pocket on more important matters and I can’t take either route for quite some time. So, my choices are to hope someone that is wealthy will give me a right side fairing (unrealistic) or to cut the left side at about the same spot and cut the screen at an upward curve to make it all even. I have ocd and half the time when I ride, I stare at the broken side in a nervous obsession. What are your thoughts? Should I cut it and smooth it, or just live with it until I can get a discolored fairing and have a multicolor bike for awhile? (the paint on my bike is hard to match and expensive to do.)
Old 03-30-2013, 07:52 PM
Squid

Oh, yea, this was meant to get opinions….
Old 03-30-2013, 08:28 PM
SuperSport

matt365 is on a distinguished road
do you still have the broken pieces?

I'd plastic weld the fairing back together; either that or drill some small holes and put some zip ties to hold the broken piece back on.

I don't see why you would ruin the other side plastics to make them as beat up as the broken side...
Old 03-30-2013, 08:42 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by matt365
do you still have the broken pieces?

I'd plastic weld the fairing back together; either that or drill some small holes and put some zip ties to hold the broken piece back on.

I don't see why you would ruin the other side plastics to make them as beat up as the broken side...
Nope, sure don’t or I would have put it back together by now. I’m pretty handy with fiberglass and plastiweld. I’m also poor, so I can’t afford to drop 200 bucks on a new fairing and paint match on top of that… luckily someone was nice enough to donate a stock windscreen to me.