Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

new plastics will vtr1000 rc51 match?

Old 06-24-2014, 08:16 AM
Squid

icwe2 is on a distinguished road
new plastics will vtr1000 rc51 match?

I was wanting new plastics on ny 98 vtr1000 ive seen a few places that list them as vtr1000 rc51 will those match up? If not anyone know anywhere to get new plastics other then ebay? Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:25 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
An RC51 is a completely different bike than a Superhawk. They CAN be made to work (anything is possible) as several folks have done but it's not a bolt on deal. If you search you'll see some previous folks who have used them but plan on making custom mounting brackets, etc. If you're looking for bolt on brand new, the cheapest option for new ones are obviously the Chinese ones on ebay, but your quality and fitment results may vary. Otherwise for brand new OEM try Ronayers and Partzilla...they're not cheap but a lot less than dealer prices. Not sure where your skill level is but considering what the bike is actually worth your best bet would be a little elbow grease-repair them yourself if you have damaged ones, or buy damaged ones and repair them, and then get them sprayed by a reputable body shop for a couple hundred bucks (OEM stickers are even still available). You can find clean used ones both here and on ebay, but you may grow a beard by the time you're able to complete a matching set of everything.

Last edited by captainchaos; 06-24-2014 at 08:27 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:18 PM
Deals Gap is a Hoot!
Back Marker

SIRR1 is on a distinguished road
Captainchaos I been looking at OEM replacement decals for my bike but I am having a problem figuring out the different color and style codes, any thoughts on this?

SIRR1
Old 09-07-2014, 06:35 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
decal-kit-for-a-honda-super-hawk-996 There is a guy on the firestorm site that does them. You'd have to do a little searching.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:13 AM
Superstock

cybercarl is on a distinguished road
I don't think it's that easy to get all the OEM decals and their not cheap. There is plenty of copies though. The thing with the OEM ones, is that there is a background colour (stroke) around the outside to match your paint colour. This helps with the blend, the transition your eyes make when viewing them. You will also notice that they have a halftone gradient effect on them too, so not easy to get printed cheaply.

(:-})
Old 09-07-2014, 07:25 AM
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
OEM "marks" are available, just a matter of ordering and paying for them.
Honda Motorcycle Parts 1998 VTR1000F A MARKS Diagram
Old 09-07-2014, 07:38 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Carl, do you know Ralf Highlander? He was posting a bunch of decals on the firestorm facebook group.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:39 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SIRR1 View Post
Captainchaos I been looking at OEM replacement decals for my bike but I am having a problem figuring out the different color and style codes, any thoughts on this?

SIRR1
I also had a hard time searching around for what color "type1" or type2" was-the way the marks (decals) are listed in the microfiche (think I eventually found it somewhere but still wanted to be sure) so when I ordered some for a project a couple years ago I simply called Ronayers and asked and the guy pulled up the fiche and was able to give me the correct color decals. That way I was sure and if I got the wrong ones I'd easily be able to return them Helps if you also have your paint code off the inside of your subframe, or you can also go to colorrite.com, put the year of your bike in and find it there.

Last edited by captainchaos; 09-07-2014 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:08 AM
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos View Post
I also had a hard time searching around for what color "type1" or type2" was-the way the marks (decals) are listed in the microfiche (think I eventually found it somewhere but still wanted to be sure) so when I ordered some for a project a couple years ago I simply called Ronayers and asked and the guy pulled up the fiche and was able to give me the correct color decals. That way I was sure and if I got the wrong ones I'd easily be able to return them Helps if you also have your paint code off the inside of your subframe, or you can also go to colorrite.com, put the year of your bike in and find it there.
I did much the same thing when i needed tank decals.

Let our parts guy at the dealer know what i wanted, what the paint code, model and year was and said get um..
Old 09-07-2014, 01:31 PM
Superstock

cybercarl is on a distinguished road
Carl, do you know Ralf Highlander?
No mate, I don't do facebook.

Thanks for the link Eric, not heard them called Marks before.

(:-})