General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

What helmets match Italian Red color?

Old 11-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Squid

Phaedrus is on a distinguished road
What helmets match Italian Red color?

Have any of you Italian Red Superhawk owners found a full-faced, solid-color helmet that closely matches the color of your bike? The Arai "Race Red" color seems too dark of a red to me. The Shoei "Monza Red" and the HJC "Red" seem close to the Italian Red, but it's hard to tell from the small online pictures.

The cute gal at the local motorcycle shop suggested I purchase a white helmet and take it to a car paint shop to have it painted to match my Superhawk. Has anyone actually done that?

Since I can't manage to be color-coordinated with my clothes when going out to dinner with the wife, at least I can be color-coordinated while riding.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:44 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
In the long run the girl at the bike shop probably has the most economical answer to your quest. I have a couple solid red helmets - neither of them are even close. The helmet that I wear the most is my Icon Halo which is a black helmet with large red highlights that are very close. Apart from the color, technically the helmet is excellent.

Last edited by nuhawk; 11-11-2008 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Squid

Thanks nuhawk. I checked the icon website and didn't see any Halos. Discontinued maybe? I did see one called the Icon Airframe Claymore that has red highlights that seems to match the Italian Red, but my color vision is terrible.

http://www.rideicon.com/product_deta...y=1660&id=6921
Old 11-11-2008, 07:59 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
Thanks nuhawk. I checked the icon website and didn't see any Halos. Discontinued maybe? I did see one called the Icon Airframe Claymore that has red highlights that seems to match the Italian Red, but my color vision is terrible.

http://www.rideicon.com/product_deta...y=1660&id=6921
Thanks for the link and yeah, you're right, I'm a cheap *** so I shop the specials alot. I think the only way to do it right especially if you have a vision thing (more on that later) is to take the bike to a shop and compare every helmet next the bike and when it matches in yours - you're good! Now the later, reds are the most widely interpretted color in the spectrum What differs the exact shade of it with some seeing little more than a pinkish gray to something another would describe as blood dripping off the page when both veiw the same square on the color chart. It has to be correct for your eye.

Last edited by nuhawk; 11-11-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:18 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
I work at a cycle gear and have had a few chances to bring helmets out to my bike while at work. The closes one I've seen yet is the Shoei monza red, it's almost a perfect match.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:34 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by superhawk22 View Post
I work at a cycle gear and have had a few chances to bring helmets out to my bike while at work. The closes one I've seen yet is the Shoei monza red, it's almost a perfect match.
+1
Old 11-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Squid

I've taken those color blind tests at work a few times, you know, where you look for a number in a circle of colored dots. I fail it every time.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Sexual Daredevil
SuperSport

Location: Mother Earth- orbiting around Charlotte, NC. But now over the border in S.C.
motojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a Shoei X-11 (Monza Red) and it is a good match for my 98' (Red).
While it is not perfect, it is a good match. Better than most others I have seen.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Back Marker

runrowdy is on a distinguished road
+4 Shoei Monza Red.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Squid

Well, I ended up buying the Shoe RF 1000 Monza Red and you guys were right, it's almost a perfect match. The dark smoke face shield goes with the dark smoke wind screen