Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

My DIY Rear Fender Elimination

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 02:46 PM
New Hawk Rider
Superstock

eersfanpilot is on a distinguished road
My DIY Rear Fender Elimination

Well after seeing many on here do the rear fender themselves with razor blades, dremel tools, or whatever I decided to take on the project this weekend. Overall it was quite simple if you had the right tools. (Most of which I did not) During our move to CA this month someone in Little Rock decided they wanted our stuff more than we needed it so they crow-barred into the Uhaul during the night at our hotel. They took all my tools along with several other items so I went into this project with the following:

Garden Shears
Pocket Knife
Hack Saw
Drill

Earlier today I did manage to pick up a Dremel set from Big Lots for $20. That helped me clean up a bit from where I stopped last night.

I simply cut the fender off in parts and trimmed it up as clean as I could. I used the stock tail light and cut a window out of the bottom in order to put in clear plastic that I "borrowed" from a over the air indoor TV antenna. I removed the wiring for the license plate light and removed it. I moved the plate up as high as I could under the tail. Everything works and lights up like stock.

Here are pics sitting side by side with my buddies stock 99 SH.

Name:  IMG_6601.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  102.6 KB

Name:  IMG_6600.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  93.0 KB