Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Lets see your ipod/phone mounts

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 06:28 PM
aja
SuperSport

aja is on a distinguished road
Lets see your ipod/phone mounts

I'm interested to see what mounts you use and where you mount it. I ride with headphones in and having my phone in front of me instead of in my pocket would make track changes easier, as well as being able to see who is calling and preview texts I get so I don't have to stop everytime to check if its important.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:29 AM
road racer v2 power
Superstock
Superstock

lloydievtr is on a distinguished road
my eyes are on the road at all times as its needed with all the car drivers not paying attention.
you be better of leaving it in your pocket for safety reasons you will live longer and so will your bike
Old 02-29-2012, 08:16 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
I leave mine in my pocket with the headphones going to my pocket under my jacket. On my VTR I had added a cigarette lighter to under the seat and would run a charger out to my pocket from there.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:45 AM
aja
SuperSport

Save all the keep your eyes on the road talk, I'm not talking about using my phone while riding. Obviously I would stop to check messages or change tracks, but its a pain having to take off my gloves to get into my pocket. My touch screen works with my gloves on, so if its mounted in front of me I don't have to remove them.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Light Cycle Expert
Back Marker

tomzxt is on a distinguished road
A lot of the guys on here are using this RAM mount. I found out about it earlier this week while using the search function on here for a camera mount. Here's a link to a video about it:

RAM Motorcycle Mount Fork Stem Base (RAM-B-342U) @ gpscity.com - YouTube

It shows an iPhone mounted toward the end.

Here's the thread I got it from:

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...s-mount-26473/

Last edited by tomzxt; 02-29-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:47 PM
aja
SuperSport

Nice that's exactly what I was looking for. I have a similar style mount for my car, but it connects to the vent louvers. I could probably make it work with parts I have laying around...

Anyone know what the function is of the Allen head bolt on the tach? Mine spins freely and I could use that as a mounting point...
Old 02-29-2012, 04:08 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
I use the ram mount for my gps but cant see it for a phone (although it is a top notch system since you can swap it to your car). I use a neoprene arm band for my Ipod around the handle bar. No issue at all changing tracks (but be very careful). Its semi water proof and holds it where the fairing protects it
Old 03-04-2012, 12:56 AM
aja
SuperSport

Made my own. The phone holder has a ball on the back like the ram mount and is removable from the knuckle base.

Name:  IMAG0091.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  52.6 KB
Name:  IMAG0092.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  45.9 KB
Old 03-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Superstock
Superstock

wyldryce is on a distinguished road
I made my own, with a very similar cradle using a piece of aluminum stock that I attached to my superbike bar risers. It's great. I also have it on a charger at all times when riding, and since I don't like being tethered to the bike by a cord, I use this:Amazon.com: Jabra CLIPPER Bluetooth Stereo Headset: Cell Phones & Accessories

It's waterproof and I can attach it on the outside of my jacket, allowing me to make volume and track changes on the fly without taking my eyes off of the road. The nice thing about that unit, is it will work with your favorite pair of earbuds as well, so you aren't stuck with ones that don't work well under a helmet. I prefer the SkullCandy Ink'd buds myself.

Cheers.
-R