Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

ISO aftermarket seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Superstock

Bearshawk is on a distinguished road
ISO aftermarket seat

anyone on here have a seat for sale? i am a poor college student and buying one new would not be likely to hapen anytime soon
Old 10-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

FL02SupaHawk996 is on a distinguished road
all I gots for sell is the OEM, but would recommend a Corbin if you can find one...I love mine...
Old 10-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Superstock

thanks, yea i have read up alot on the forum about both sargent and corbin, i am a big guy 225 lbs so i want to make sure it stays nice and cushy, anyone have advice for a bigger rider?
Old 10-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Bearshawk
thanks, yea i have read up alot on the forum about both sargent and corbin, i am a big guy 225 lbs so i want to make sure it stays nice and cushy, anyone have advice for a bigger rider?
Bearsteak, I would advise that you stay away from a cushy seat...the reason I like the Corbin is cuz it's hard enough to slide around on when you need to shift your weight or just sliding back on it while ducking down behind the fairing...

my 2 cents...
Old 10-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Superstock

ok so the corbins are hard yet more comfortable than stock? i bought my sh labor day weekend and before that i was riding a 78 kz650 with about 4 inches of foam under me
Old 10-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Bearshawk
ok so the corbins are hard yet more comfortable than stock? i bought my sh labor day weekend and before that i was riding a 78 kz650 with about 4 inches of foam under me
Nice, I think 4'' of foam is fine as long as it's hard enough to move around on...the OEM seat is a sad excuse of a seat, so I think you'll be happy with almost any aftermkt replacement...
Old 10-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
The stock seat is soft'ish but doesn't support you in the right places, or spread the pressure... So you get numb from it...

A good aftermarket... Corbin or Sargent is firmer if you feel it with your hand, but instead of just going squish like the stock seat, they are shaped with different density in different places and support you and spread the load, while you can still move around... The Corbin being a bit less moveable as it's more hollowed out for your behind... End result... Less butt sore...

I had a Corbin, didn't like the shape of it (or the weight/looks) and sold it again... Now looking for a Sargent... But the stock seat is... Well... Rubbish...
Old 10-12-2009, 01:45 PM
SuperSport

Stevebis1 is on a distinguished road
I'm your weight and I just got a sargent - and love it. I understand FL02 supaHawk's point though. For bigger guys the Sargent is quite comfy but restrictive. On the OEM I would move around all the time, on the Sargent there is not much room for moving. For me though, the spot it puts me in is just about perfect for street sport riding. I know others will put the OEM back on for track days.
Search on "corbin vs Sargent" there is a link to a vendor that mods stock seats. It looks like others have tried that route and are happy - forr a whole lot less money
Old 10-12-2009, 02:16 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
don't forget a greatdaytoride spencers
Old 10-12-2009, 02:43 PM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know if this pertains to you, but I have a corbin, and especially for trackdays, I prefer it over stock. the corbin is harder, but when you are hanging off in a serious corner, it gives you more support. like your leg locks into place. on the stocker, in midcorner, it feels...uncertain. not confidence inspiring. the feel at the track was one of my biggest surprises about the corbin. but I think more people on here prefer the seargent over the corbin. I intend to try the seargent at some point, but the corbin is good enough for now.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:50 AM
Sexual Daredevil
SuperSport

Location: Mother Earth- orbiting around Charlotte, NC. But now over the border in S.C.
motojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
There is a Sargent for sale in the classifieds.