Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

I just painted my windscreen this past weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 02:03 PM
faz
Superstock

faz
I just painted my windscreen this past weekend!

I know this thread is not worth much without pictures. I will post pictures as soon as I get to wash the bike.

I was thinking of buying a dark smoke windscreen, but thought since I never look through the windscreen anyways (not physically able to, has to do with age and that big beer belly thing), I might as well try painting it first.

Well, took me all of 1 hour to take the winscreen off (4 screws, plus the two mirrors), mask the front side and the edges, and paint the backside using a $5 can of black vinyl automotive paint.

I must say I really like the looks of the bike now. 8) Red and black look really nice. I also get to see the gauge lights better now during the daytime riding.

If you are thinking of getting a dark smoke windscreen for the looks only, try painting the OEM one first. You may like it and save your money for something else.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:42 PM
Squid

tjayswift
Re: I just painted my windscreen this past weekend!

There is also an excellent paint called Krylon Fusion that comes in quite a few different colors, and is made to stick to unprepared plastic. A friend of mine painted his stock windscreen with it, and it's beautiful. Also works well on other plastics. I have an old beater dirtbike that I painted with it, it turned out great, too. It sticks like glue, and has a nice glossy sheen.