Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Hydro clutch and aftermarket levers

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Az/Texas Rider
Back Marker

cal2az is on a distinguished road
Hydro clutch and aftermarket levers

I had Pazzo long levers on my '07 600rr and loved the feel of them. I want to put the short Pazzos on my SH but my stock clutch lever is so hard to pull, im afraid that the shorty levers will make my clutch lever even harder to pull.

Is everybodys Superhawk clutch lever hard to pull in?? Even my Harley's lever was easier to pull in...sheesh. Maybe im just riding my DRZ too much, that lever can be pulled in literally with my pinky(example, not practiced).

Any input would be appreciated!!

Last edited by cal2az; 09-17-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:36 PM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

lynchie is on a distinguished road
My lever is easy compared to my YZ400F.. it had the heaviest clutch springs in the world.. My XR600 felt like it had a pirate ship hanging from it.. i think my clutch is very easy..

My buddies CR450 will pull if you look at it.. its almost like its broken..

Well have to meet up for one of these rides and you can compare our bikes... i work downtown and ride it in all the time.. Do you ever cross the ballpark area..
Old 09-17-2008, 04:37 PM
Superstock

Killemall is on a distinguished road
I have the Pazzo shorties. On the clutch there is space only for three fingers. For me it doesn't matter because I've never used the pinky to pull anyway; and if the clutch is already too stiff for you now, I don't think the Pazzo shorties will worsen the situation.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Az/Texas Rider
Back Marker

Originally Posted by Killemall
I have the Pazzo shorties. On the clutch there is space only for three fingers. For me it doesn't matter because I've never used the pinky to pull anyway; and if the clutch is already too stiff for you now, I don't think the Pazzo shorties will worsen the situation.
I appreciate your input. Im just like you that I never use my pinky, so I thought that the shorties would be the perfect length.

My thoughts are that a shorter than stock lever will have less leverage on an already stiff clutch.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:10 PM
ReNoob
Squid

Sablotny is on a distinguished road
Late to this party, but FWIW - I've got the shorty Pazzos and totally dig 'em riding. Sitting at stoplights, tho' I find myself moving fingers around or just putting the bike in neutral. The Superhawk does have a fair clutch pull.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:37 AM
Az/Texas Rider
Back Marker

I rode about 45 miles yesterday after hammering the lever back in shape. After 45 miles my hand felt great, no pain or cramping in my hand at all, so I guess that was the problem.
Im going to give the Pazzo shortys a shot, im sure ill love them like I did on my 600RR.

Sablotny, thank you for the input