Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

How have you mounted bar-end mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Squid

johndoeafro is on a distinguished road
How have you mounted bar-end mirrors?

I've got some CRG mirrors coming. How have you guys mounted these. I wanted to move the controls, throttle, and grips inward to create space for the mirrors while keeping my bar end weights. All of the items on the stock bars have a specific placement with interfacing holes in the bars. How can I work this out?
Thanks.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:56 PM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
mine mount to the end of my bar end, i just pulled the screw out, put the mirror over the hole, put the screw in, thats it. not sure what yours look like but they sound like they mount higher up on the bars
Old 05-15-2011, 06:44 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by uchi
mine mount to the end of my bar end, i just pulled the screw out, put the mirror over the hole, put the screw in, thats it. not sure what yours look like but they sound like they mount higher up on the bars
What mirrors are you running? This is what I ordered CRG - Constructors Racing Group . I've hear a lot of good about them and I believe several of the forum members run them. I think I might have to buy the adapters CRG - Constructors Racing Group , but I wanted to keep my weights if possible.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Squid

joe6pack is on a distinguished road
Bar end weight mount

I mounted my CRG's directly on the bar end weights by having the guys at the local chopper shop turn the outer portion of the weights down to 7/8". Only problem was that the inner part of the handlebar is rubber mounted so that, even when tight, the mirrors would blow back in the wind. I corrected this by removing the clip-ons, sticking them vertically in my vice and applying JB weld under a heat lamp to allow it to flow into the area between the rubber and the bar. Very slick installation with the mirrors not crowding my hands, surprised I haven't seen any others done like this.

Since you asked, I happen to be selling my Superhawk and can make you a deal on the weights and mirrors if you are interested. I'll also throw in my home made block-off plates with bolts and spacers. Say $75 for the whole kit including shipping? I also got a Sergant seat (black with red piping and red pillon) in perfect condition, a dark smoke Zero Gravity touring windscreen, a set of GenMar risers, a set of Ventura L brackets, a stem stand for radar detector or camera mounting, and probably more stuff I can't remember at the moment. PM if interested.
-Ken
Old 05-16-2011, 07:10 AM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
Im using the same style. Ill tale a pic when i get home. I prefer them over the stock mirrors but they take some getting used to and at higher speeds will move a bit. Infact i had an ebay cheap version that i lost on the hiway a couple weeks ago. Came off at about 140 mph lol
Old 05-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by uchi
Im using the same style. Ill tale a pic when i get home. I prefer them over the stock mirrors but they take some getting used to and at higher speeds will move a bit. Infact i had an ebay cheap version that i lost on the hiway a couple weeks ago. Came off at about 140 mph lol
I've also got a pair of the ebay knock-offs. One is on the bike now (left side right on the bar with the grip curled back) but my CRGs will be here shortly. I could imagine loosing it at speed. I can, however, see more with one bar end than I could with both of my stockers.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by joe6pack
I mounted my CRG's directly on the bar end weights by having the guys at the local chopper shop turn the outer portion of the weights down to 7/8". Only problem was that the inner part of the handlebar is rubber mounted so that, even when tight, the mirrors would blow back in the wind. I corrected this by removing the clip-ons, sticking them vertically in my vice and applying JB weld under a heat lamp to allow it to flow into the area between the rubber and the bar. Very slick installation with the mirrors not crowding my hands, surprised I haven't seen any others done like this.

Since you asked, I happen to be selling my Superhawk and can make you a deal on the weights and mirrors if you are interested. I'll also throw in my home made block-off plates with bolts and spacers. Say $75 for the whole kit including shipping? I also got a Sergant seat (black with red piping and red pillon) in perfect condition, a dark smoke Zero Gravity touring windscreen, a set of GenMar risers, a set of Ventura L brackets, a stem stand for radar detector or camera mounting, and probably more stuff I can't remember at the moment. PM if interested.
-Ken
Seems like a pretty decent solution. As for the other items, appealing...unfortunately I've exceeded this springs moto budget by quite a ways.