Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

High mount pipes & Turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Squid

redlinetech is on a distinguished road
High mount pipes & Turn signals

Hi guys!

I am in the market for some aftermarket highmount pipes. I just wanted to ask if I went with a high mount sytem (looking at the LeoVince system) do I do something with the rear turn signals? I would like a fender eliminator kit. I hate the stock turn signals.

Is there a aftermarket rear brake light with turn signals built in?

Also, where are you guys finding the low profile front signals?

Thanks for all the help!

Sean
Old 10-12-2006, 12:53 AM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
Clear Alternatives make an integrated tail/blinker light. My personal preference is for the eliminator style blinker mount as you suggest, and then fit some nice aftermarket indicators. These now sit above my high mount pipes nicely.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:44 AM
Squid

98vtr1000 is on a distinguished road
many tail light/blinker intergraters out there - have you searched ebay? AS for low profile turn signals - I have the Lockhart Philips ones on the front and rear and they look great and are cheap. Keep in mind that you get what you pay for and these are "cheap". I have on order a set of watsen design indicators. Pretty sweet and should be here today and I'll put them on tonight hopefully.
good luck.
if you need part numbers i have them somewhere.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Back Marker

Shmittay
If you get the highmount Leos, the stock signals do not fit. In fact, almost no other signals wit fit either in the space between the pipe and the stock undertail. I went with the Mototek underkit which has integrated turn signals.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:49 PM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
My Jardine high mounts work with the stock signals. They just barely touch, but it's a nice look. They also retain the passenger pegs which allows you to convince the wife that you've actually thought of her too (if you are married).
Old 10-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
I'm using a Clear Alternatives integrated taillight: http://clearalternatives.com/Merchan...y_Code=VTR1000 but you'll need an aftermarket flasher like this one I got: http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...tem=MRX_FRH1_G to slow the flash rate. I'm also planning on getting a Sharkskinz undertail because every other undertail I've seen comes with signals integrated and I just want to use my taillight.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:16 PM
v-twin4tmfw
Back Marker

996 is on a distinguished road
I have LV high mounts with aftermarket LP flush mount led markers and the integrated tail light. The flush mount markers are not bright enough when the sun is shining directly on them so that's why I added the tail light.

Old 10-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Superstock

Duck007 is on a distinguished road
Nice looking bike. Like the polishing too.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:28 PM
v-twin4tmfw
Back Marker

Thanks !
Old 10-28-2006, 08:51 PM
Squid

Str8away Hater
I have Two Brothers high mounts and the stock signals did not fit with them. My solution was to take the plastic spacer off the signals which reduces the length about 2 inches. They fit nice and tight now. I have to rotate them up just a tad to keep from touching the cans. It looks pretty nice, was free, and keeps good visibility. I'll take a pic tomorrow if I remember.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:29 AM
Superstock

selztoad is on a distinguished road
I just took em all off!
Old 10-29-2006, 07:56 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Talking

Originally Posted by selztoad
I just took em all off!
Yeah me too-who need's em!
Old 01-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Squid

Fireboy121 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MisterMohawk
I'm using a Clear Alternatives integrated taillight: http://clearalternatives.com/Merchan...y_Code=VTR1000 but you'll need an aftermarket flasher like this one I got: http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...tem=MRX_FRH1_G to slow the flash rate. I'm also planning on getting a Sharkskinz undertail because every other undertail I've seen comes with signals integrated and I just want to use my taillight.
Got pics???
Old 01-20-2007, 03:58 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Str8away Hater
I have Two Brothers high mounts and the stock signals did not fit with them. My solution was to take the plastic spacer off the signals which reduces the length about 2 inches. They fit nice and tight now. I have to rotate them up just a tad to keep from touching the cans. It looks pretty nice, was free, and keeps good visibility. I'll take a pic tomorrow if I remember.
I did the exact same thing with my rear signals and the Jardine high mounts, I went with Clear Lense and Yellow bulbd for a different look. They really shine off the Jardines at night.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:14 PM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
Originally Posted by Fireboy121
Got pics???
The bike's in a state of disassembly right now. All of the wiring's undone while I await a few parts. Gimme another month!
Old 01-22-2007, 08:00 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by JamieDaugherty
My Jardine high mounts work with the stock signals. They also retain the passenger pegs which allows you to convince the wife that you've actually thought of her too.
Hmmm, as her thighs roast on those hi-mounts... marital bliss takes a nosedive!The bonus is: now you can get rid of the pegs & ride solo from here on.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:51 PM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Not hardly. The pipes are close the ankles of a passenger, plus they aren't that hot anyway. The thighs are well away from the pipes. My wife has not once complained about heat. If it was a factor I'm pretty sure that I would have heard about it.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:46 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by redlinetech
Hi guys!

I am in the market for some aftermarket highmount pipes. I just wanted to ask if I went with a high mount sytem (looking at the LeoVince system) do I do something with the rear turn signals? I would like a fender eliminator kit. I hate the stock turn signals.

Is there a aftermarket rear brake light with turn signals built in?

Also, where are you guys finding the low profile front signals?

Thanks for all the help!

Sean
fender eliminator on a hawk... no way! i just trimmed the rear fender... looked just as good and cost me $0.

as for the turn signals , i used a trailer brake light box and integrated the turnsigals into the tail light.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:10 PM
Squid

05SUPERCHICKEN is on a distinguished road
hello 996 I am looking at the Leo Vince high mounts as well and I have some questions if you don't mind. 1. does the rear exhaust hanger hit your tail section? and 2. how is the sound?
Old 01-24-2007, 06:34 PM
v-twin4tmfw
Back Marker

Originally Posted by 05SUPERCHICKEN
hello 996 I am looking at the Leo Vince high mounts as well and I have some questions if you don't mind. 1. does the rear exhaust hanger hit your tail section? and 2. how is the sound?
The rear hanger is about a 1/4" from hitting the tail. I think the sound is amazing. It's a good mix between a deep rumble with a somewhat refined sound. I heard a mid mount 2bros exhaust on a shawk and I like mine much better.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:42 PM
Squid

Thank you I will be ordering my Leo vince hi mounts tomorow
Old 01-25-2007, 03:09 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 05SUPERCHICKEN
I actually bent my Leo hangers in a little so they go behind the fairing. It pulls the muffler outlets closer together and IMHO looks better. I'm not home but if you want to see I'll post up a pic in the next day or so.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Squid

yes I would love to see a pic, I just ordered my Leo vince today I am so happy and can't wait to get them