Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Heli-Bar vs Touring Bar

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 07:31 AM
Back Marker

Gerrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Heli-Bar vs Touring Bar

Hi all, pls advise, on a revised steering solution, the back, arms etc, can not handle the punishment anymore.

I see that Heli-Bars are very popular on the site, however, the riding position still seems quite leaned over.

I came across these touring bars locally in South Africa, at the same price as Heli-bars..they allow for greater height adjustment as well as standard bars for better counter steering and a more touring feel.

http://www.customcycles.co.za/product_honda.html

Your thoughts?

Regards,
Gerrit
Old 09-01-2008, 08:55 AM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
If heli's wont do it that is your next best and final solution - it will work. You can get them from Spiegler USA or LSL in the rest of the world. The top plate bolts over the top triple and converts it to a regular tubular bar holder. Requires longer brake lines (good time to upgrade to braided!), and some finesse'ing the fit to get everything to fit and not hit the tank. There are lots of options including a cheaper solution where you mount bar risers to your top triple and get bars and lines. Your choice - LOTS of threads here on the subject of bar riser conversion. I just did my RC51 front end and same endpoint using fatbars cause I prefer the look - link below and on that post are some links to highresolution pics. Perfect riding position for me - all day comfort - I'm a wimp when it comes to leaning over and I'm only 5'8" so don't like the long stretch.

good luck
bill

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...t=fatbars+rc51
Old 09-01-2008, 09:31 AM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
I'm happy with the stock clipons but everybody I know with the Superbike bar kit is happy with it.

The Helibars are designed to give as much height as possible without having to replace lines or cut the fairing. If you need more I think the the Superbike bars are the way to go but I think you'll need at least longer brake lines and to dremel out part of the fairing and wind screen.

How much are Helibars in South Africa? The rand price for the Superbike bar kit at your link lists a price equal to about $550 USD. Here in the States Helibars list price is about half that.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:48 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...superbike+bars