Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

headlight aiming help

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 04:31 PM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
headlight aiming help

im a little stumped on this. there are 2 adjuster screws on the back of the headlight. ive got my height set but the light points right. if i look at where the reflector is compared to the lens its about an inch or more out of being straight. so my headlight points right too far. i tried playing with the adjusters but i cant seem to get her to aim straight. any help on this would be great.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Boosted
SuperSport

Syclone is on a distinguished road
Double check how the bulb is seated in the housing. If you are an inch off, it's probably off centered or loose.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:12 AM
SuperBike

the actual reflector was off center by an inch. it looked like it was sitting in there sideways. i got it sorted it out, and learned that if you over unscrew the vertical adjuster the reflector will come off the screw. so a little modification with a drill bit through the bottom of the fairing took care of that shoved a small screw driver in there and put it back in place. twice. lol. also i had it aimed really well but it was bouncing alot. the thing was moving inside the housing like it wasnt even attached so i gave it a couple turns to tighten it, raised the ct off line a little but its rock solid. and for anyone looking to do a retro fit, trs is the place to go, 5000k morimoto bulb with matching 35w ballast, bi xenon fxr projector. its incredible. the only draw back is that i have a small triangle infront of the bike where light isnt coming out likely from the bottom of the headlight and the lens creats a little noise we'll call it on the sides. other than that its a fantastic setup. ill get pictures sunday night of it lighting up my fence
Old 08-07-2010, 08:36 AM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
COULD wear those screws out adjusting- to high, to low, my wife on the back(to high) lean in the curves- light pointing at the white line. Has any member consider driving lights? or brackets that would hold driving lights?
Old 08-07-2010, 12:50 PM
SuperBike

ive got it set where i like it, its a little high but it doesnt seem to be blinding too many people, and really in the end id rather be able to see