Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Which front + rear wheels are direct fit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Back Marker

Forde is on a distinguished road
Which front + rear wheels are direct fit?

hey

wondering about a different set of wheels for my hawk, which wheels can i use with the standard hawk forks and/or discs.

and which rear wheels will fit up?

think it would be good to have a list all in one place.

cheers
Old 12-15-2009, 05:58 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Not trying to be a dick, but do a search, this one has been covered on a few occasions in the past. Good luck
Old 12-15-2009, 08:46 AM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually, I don't know if I've seen a thread that shows direct replacements that aren't 6 spoke wheels.

Last edited by inderocker; 12-15-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:09 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ghlight=wheels

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ght=WHEEL+SWAP

Old 12-15-2009, 11:00 AM
ride it out
SuperSport

nothing is on a distinguished road
QFT!
Old 12-15-2009, 01:19 PM
MotoGP

Sure looks like a lot of threads about 900rr and f3 swaps (6 spokers) Didn't see jack about direct replacements with the exception of someone mentioning that an f4 front might work. There isn't a thread that I have seen that address direct replacements (three spoke rims).

BTW... what does QFT mean?
Old 12-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Back Marker

They dont have to be three spokes ^^ just fit in the original forks and take the original rotors or else have rotors of the correct size to work with the SH calipers. Id prefer if they werent three spokers cos i want them to look different...

Originally Posted by mikstr
Not trying to be a dick, but do a search, this one has been covered on a few occasions in the past. Good luck

I have searched, and just like every other similar thing ive searched for on this forum like swaps of other parts forks etc, all the threads are convoluted, fragmented, you have to read loads of threads and only find a small bit of useful info in the odd one of them after trawling for ages and you still dont understand it.

Ive searched and read a load of threads on here before, trying to find out what wheels are direct fit before i started this thread and i still dont know what wheels i should be looking for. There are pics of hawks with different wheel swaps on em, but i need to know if any mods were required to make em fit, if the rotor bolt pattern is the same, if the rotor size is the same, what the wheel size is etc and not much of that info is there

Maybe this place should take a look at like every other forum and when someone starts a thread like this to try and get a list going in one place, everyone who knows of a direct fit wheel should simply state their answer and the mods can even sticky it.... hey presto a list all in one place for future reference......

It would be great to have a thread titled "Wheel fitment list" with replies simply stating what wheels they have got, any mods that were required, size, tyre size, rotor size and if bolt size is same as OEM rotors, then anyone who wants new rims can just look at it and BAM there ya go.

Since its such a popular mod that thread would be totally worth it as a sticky. If someone else thinks its a good idea ill start one.

Last edited by Forde; 12-15-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Back Marker

cheers, theres two of those i didnt find when i was huntin about before that are yielding some decent info
Old 12-15-2009, 04:09 PM
SuperSport

Stevebis1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by inderocker

BTW... what does QFT mean?
Do a search!!!! (Sorry absolutely couldn't resist)

QFT - Quoted For Truth - means well said

Last edited by Stevebis1; 12-15-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:15 PM
MotoGP

Wow.

Last edited by inderocker; 12-15-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:46 PM
SuperSport

Stevebis1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by inderocker
Wow.

Really am sorry, I just couldn't stop myself...
Old 12-15-2009, 05:07 PM
MotoGP

Better be dammit, I can't take a joke!
Old 12-15-2009, 06:51 PM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
Thanks. Forde, you're correct, there isn't a single definitive thread. I saw some mention of 94-97 VFR rims in there. Tried to find some threads with good input. Hope it was a bit of a help.

Forde, start that thread, and get Hawkrider or one of the Mods to help you keep it clear and simple with no threadjacking. Someone did something similar for the brake mods.

Cheers.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:34 PM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
^^^ What he said ^^^
Old 02-27-2011, 04:17 AM
Squid

Snoogle is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Forde
It would be great to have a thread titled "Wheel fitment list" with replies simply stating what wheels they have got, any mods that were required, size, tyre size, rotor size and if bolt size is same as OEM rotors, then anyone who wants new rims can just look at it and BAM there ya go.

Since its such a popular mod that thread would be totally worth it as a sticky. If someone else thinks its a good idea ill start one.
+1 on the idea (but why stop at wheel fitments, get it for everything, brakes, suspension, rear subframes etc etc)

I must admit that I have searched for answers in the past after seeing that a normal response to pretty much any question is "do a search". However, after hours of trawling through pages and pages of information I've probably come back with more answers that I started. In the end I've not bothered asking because the answer to my question was probably going to be "do a search".

Sorry for sounding like I'm having a bit of a whine, but, a few of the more established members on here don't make it easy for some of the new guys. Kinda why I haven't really posted much.

Anyway, coming back to the original point of the thread, I'd really like to know which wheels are direct fit, no messing about swaps lol so Forde, get that post sorted
Old 02-27-2011, 05:54 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Actually Snoogle, that does sound a bit like whining...

The reason why the response comes back "do a search" a lot of the time is simply becuase the person posting the question post a very general and very often repeated question without adding anything new, or making even a halfhearted effort...

If you post the most common question of all, but add new information or a new angle on it, showing that you have spent a few minutes reading some of the old threads, you most certainly won't get that reply from me, and it's unlikely you will get it from anybody else... So that's a pretty lame excuse...

Example... If you post "Why should I worry about CCT's?", I'll flame you... But if you post "I have read about CCT's, I understood this and that, can you clarify this detail?" Then I won't, I neither will the rest... Even if that particular detail might have been discussed... Simply becuase you made an effort...

Yeah, you will get new questions if you search... And it's those questions that we gladly answer, since they aren't repeat performances of old stuff... But if you choose not to ask, well, guess what, you don't get answered...

A lot of those list do exist already, I know since I made a few of them and participated in a few more...

I have made one for front forks in most any combination of parts you can imagine, and there is a list already for compatible brakes... Granted, they haven't been stickied, you and others have to go pester one of the mods enough for them to get going and do that... I have suggested it in the past, but it hasn't happened yet...

Last edited by Tweety; 02-27-2011 at 05:57 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:21 AM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Snoogle
+1 on the idea (but why stop at wheel fitments, get it for everything, brakes, suspension, rear subframes etc etc)

I must admit that I have searched for answers in the past after seeing that a normal response to pretty much any question is "do a search". However, after hours of trawling through pages and pages of information I've probably come back with more answers that I started. In the end I've not bothered asking because the answer to my question was probably going to be "do a search".

Sorry for sounding like I'm having a bit of a whine, but, a few of the more established members on here don't make it easy for some of the new guys. Kinda why I haven't really posted much.

Anyway, coming back to the original point of the thread, I'd really like to know which wheels are direct fit, no messing about swaps lol so Forde, get that post sorted

In the case of the wheels I don't think it's necessary. There is only one front and one rear that work (F3 and 900RR respectively). That would be quite the short thread!

Brakes are a little more complicated, so that might not be a bad idea. Maybe someone with a lot of time on their hands and access to "Got Search" could compile the data. Unfortunately I don't fit that description!

I think if you post up your question you'll get the answers you need. Do a search first but if things aren't clear be brave enough to ask. You might have to weed through a few "did you try search" comments but if you can bear that you'll almost certainly get the help you need. This is one of the best forums on the net for helping guys out.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:21 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by JamieDaugherty
In the case of the wheels I don't think it's necessary. There is only one front and one rear that work (F3 and 900RR respectively). That would be quite the short thread!
Actually Jamie, it's a bit longer... Not very long though...

Front:
90-93 VFR (with VFR brake rotors)
94-97 VFR (with VTR brake rotors)
98-04 VFR (with VFR brake rotors)
95-98 CBR 600F3

Rear:
93-95 CBR 900RR
(96-99 CBR 919RR) Unconfirmed, but should work

As for brakes... There is a pretty complete list of the matching CBR parts in this thread... Needs adding on the GSXR stuff, then it's fairly complete...

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...=brake+caliper

As for suspension... Well this covers the forks... https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ight=fork+swap

The rear, well... There really isn't anything that's bolt on... Aftermarket or modified is the two options... Jamie can help with the latter...

For rear subframes... Well, nope... No bolt on... You need to start cutting and welding, or making adapter plates...

Last edited by Tweety; 02-27-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Squid

Snoogle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tweety
Actually Snoogle, that does sound a bit like whining...

The reason why the response comes back "do a search" a lot of the time is simply becuase the person posting the question post a very general and very often repeated question without adding anything new, or making even a halfhearted effort...

If you post the most common question of all, but add new information or a new angle on it, showing that you have spent a few minutes reading some of the old threads, you most certainly won't get that reply from me, and it's unlikely you will get it from anybody else... So that's a pretty lame excuse...

Example... If you post "Why should I worry about CCT's?", I'll flame you... But if you post "I have read about CCT's, I understood this and that, can you clarify this detail?" Then I won't, I neither will the rest... Even if that particular detail might have been discussed... Simply becuase you made an effort...

Yeah, you will get new questions if you search... And it's those questions that we gladly answer, since they aren't repeat performances of old stuff... But if you choose not to ask, well, guess what, you don't get answered...

A lot of those list do exist already, I know since I made a few of them and participated in a few more...

I have made one for front forks in most any combination of parts you can imagine, and there is a list already for compatible brakes... Granted, they haven't been stickied, you and others have to go pester one of the mods enough for them to get going and do that... I have suggested it in the past, but it hasn't happened yet...
I kinda guessed you would come back with that comment. Not taking anything away from you Tweety.....you are indeed a fountain of knowledge that people can generally count on when they are stuck. Its just the way people go off on one when a new member of the forum asks a question....sometimes I feel as though there is a way of doing things properly, rather than just the lame old "do a search" reply that really gets my goat.

On a side note.....Tweety, can you tell me the pros and cons of manual CCT's. I'm looking at swapping mine out soon and cant be arsed to search for the answers
Old 02-28-2011, 03:23 AM
MotoGP

I kinda guessed you would come back with that comment. Not taking anything away from you Tweety.....you are indeed a fountain of knowledge that people can generally count on when they are stuck. Its just the way people go off on one when a new member of the forum asks a question....sometimes I feel as though there is a way of doing things properly, rather than just the lame old "do a search" reply that really gets my goat.

On a side note.....Tweety, can you tell me the pros and cons of manual CCT's. I'm looking at swapping mine out soon and cant be arsed to search for the answers
Yeah, there is a proper way... If people could be bothered to read what was posted before, ie the lists, and then ask follow up questions, that would in my mind be the proper way... But since that is hard to some people, I can't be bothered to make the lists more complete... But if someone else want's to, go ahead...

Also, what does **** me off royally, is when I politely tell people half the answer, then tell them how to search for the rest, and I get grief for that, when the OP made no effort whatsoever on his own... There is a difference between being told to search, and being flamed... If a newbie can't handle being politely told, well... He probably should go back to mommy then...

Even better is the newbies that have a fit of righteous anger when they don't get the solution to their problem presented on a silver platter with a bow around it... You see, they feel that since they can post a semi-rude question (no introduction, no backstory) on a public forum, all the over-paid guys that sit around waiting to answer their questions for free, should jump to answer it... Right?!
And it's impolite to expect that person to make a halfhearted effort on their own... right?!

Oh, you say the "do a search" gets your goat... Well, ladida... Guess what happens when people ask the same inane questions over and over... I get happy, happy and have fuzzy feelings?! Nah, not likely huh?!

On the CCT's... Manual has the pro's that once you have set them, you can pretty much forget them the next 5-6 riding seasons, as they start rattling slightly long before there is any concern (the difference to OEM's is that the rattle is harmless)... Con's you need to set them, which is a bit unnerving if you haven't done it before... And you won't get them absolutely silent at warmup...

OEM has the pro's that they set themselves, but the definite con that once they start rattling, it's usually to late and you get to rebuild your engine...

BTW, I hope you understand the tone in this post... Ie, a bit sarcastic, but generally a happy Tweety...
Old 02-28-2011, 05:03 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
don't take it personal because it's not. I've been around here for a bit and still get my *** reamed. Of course sometimes i deserve it because i'm a stubborn dumbass.haha. Consider it an initiation of sorts, a slap to awaken the braindead, or sometimes, sluff it off because some ******* who's having a bad hair day is just ****** with ya to make himself feel better. Like kickin the dog after a bad day at work.

It's often difficult to sort through all the information contained herein and if you don't get the correct terminology, sometimes it can be downright frustrating, but even if you get some negative vibes for sticking your neck out, someone will usually step up and display some empathy to help you out.

In terms of not posting because some of the more established members don't make it easy on new guys, let me suggest that nothing worthwhile is easy. Welcome!
Old 02-28-2011, 05:08 AM
MotoGP

Snoogle... I'll make you a deal... You go motivate a Mod to sticky the list I made on front end swaps, and I'll write another nicely formatted one with all the info I have on brake calipers... And if you like too, we can work from there...

I'm not saying I know more than others... Ther are a lot people here that know more, hawk8541, JD to mention some... But I have a mind like a sponge... You ask me to write down facts and I'll keep writing until someone stops me... I'm just a wee bit lazy, that's all...

Last edited by Tweety; 02-28-2011 at 05:10 AM.