Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Fender eliminator

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Blue Racer
Squid

Blueracer is on a distinguished road
Fender eliminator

Alright I just picked up 2003 blue bad boy today. I have a puig DB and watsen flush on order and now need to get rid of that ugly back end. What is a good quality kit (all in one plate/signals). I suck at installing so I will have the shop do it. I don't mind spending a little extra to make it look right. Any suggestions?
Old 08-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Superstock

trinity012 is on a distinguished road
Hi Blue, there are quite a few difference brands: Clear alternative-Rumble-Pit eck-Euro..
You can do it yourself just require 45' to 1hour completed. Trimming org fender needed, simple wiring connection. Some undertails even have built in LED integrate. IMO Rumble have best one.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:48 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
A Dremel tool can be used to trim 5 inches or more, but scribe a line first. Then throw away the license plate light and cut out a section, not too big, under the tail light and glue a clear or white translucent piece of plastic. Costs about nothing if you already own a Dremel.

Oh, and by the way...
Old 08-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Sexual Daredevil
SuperSport

Location: Mother Earth- orbiting around Charlotte, NC. But now over the border in S.C.
motojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
I put a piece of masking tape across mine and used hack saw blade to cut mine down. I thought a hack saw blade had more control of how much to cut off. Then I used file to shape it up a little better and rolled the edges with a piece of fine sandpaper for a final finish. Got a set of "lite-n-bolts" as a tag light and reused the plate mount in a higher location. Used smaller rear turn signals in the stock holes. Good luck.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Back Marker

oicdn
Here's what mine looked like when I still had mine:

Old 08-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Back Marker

bundleofgrundle is on a distinguished road
much agreed on the clear alternatives integrated rear. i'll see if i can throw up a pic of mine. its a little nerve racking hacking off the plastic on either side but it looks pretty sweet compared to stock.

Last edited by bundleofgrundle; 08-29-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:41 AM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
The fender eliminator kit for the VTR kinda sucks. Just save the $$$ and cut it off.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:08 PM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

lynchie is on a distinguished road
fender B gone

i agree about saving money, this is what i did.. I followed many posts here of instruction and used a pencil, ruler and a new razor.. It came out perfect and i saved myself 200 bucks.. Im going to buy the short stalk Lockhart signals for the rear and be done..i drilled new holes for the plate mount and light just under the rear brake light .. My pic is from standing above the rear , it sits alot hight than it looks, but , you get the idea...Much better than the inverted wheelbarrow it was before...
Attached Thumbnails Fender eliminator-img_0147.jpg  
Old 08-31-2008, 09:34 AM
Blue Racer
Squid

Need opinions. Ebay auction 260280780496 & 370080968690 (integrated signal/brake)
Are these basically the same as clear alternative but less expensive? They look like the right replacement? Then I will zip up to Lowes probably get an exacto blade but first ask theme for any suggestions on cutting heavy plastic. Come back put tape across the fender and slice then file and sandpaper it drill a few holes for the plate then good to go. While at Lowes I will ask for best 1/2 inch bit to drill aluminum motorcycle pipes. From what I understand I can leave the pipes on not worry about the shavings. Start at 12,3,6,9 o'clock and probably add 4 more (total 8) only going through outter pipe approx 1mm. Before I butcher my bike does this sound like the right direction. Thanks guys.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:48 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
My opinion: Go into the Knowledge Base, and read Haknslashes right up on LED Retrofit. $25 for the light, hour of your time. Swap out the turn signals with some Lockhart Philips or Motrax LED turn signals, and waahlaah, you have a clean rear end.

Most of the comments that I have read on the Integrated tail lights were that the owner didn't care for them, or the turn signals weren't bright enough.

If you want, I'll take a pic of the rear of my bike.

I think the Motrax turn signals were around $50 on Indysuperbike.com, the LED brake light was $23.97 (before tax) at Advance Auto.

Erik
Old 08-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Blue Racer
Squid

Thanks yeah shoot me a pick.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:12 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Blueracer
Thanks yeah shoot me a pick.
Sorry for the delay, I'll get out this morning with the camera.

Erik
Old 09-02-2008, 12:23 PM
SuperBike

Sorry that I didn't put these up yesterday. Did almost 200 miles on the bike.

Name:  MC1.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  92.6 KB

Old 09-04-2008, 03:14 AM
Superstock

handkaudio is on a distinguished road
I have a fender eliminator kit just sitting here with LED turn signals and all, pm me if interested I will shoot ya pics!