Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Exhaust brackets

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Squid

Babelfish is on a distinguished road
Exhaust brackets

Anyone have suggestions for passenger pegs/exhaust brackets that would raise the exhaust? I just mounted a pair of Yoshi and I know from previous experience that the low mounts can be raised so that they look similar to the RC51 original.
But I would need some others brackets for that. Suggestions?
Old 06-18-2007, 05:09 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
I had a pair of low mount hindles that mounted up fine with a pair of two bros high mount brackets to give them that rc51 look. Probably work for your yoshis too.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:12 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Here are a couple old pics. I was just goofing around at the time to see how they'd fit and they worked fine. If was actually going to use them I definitely would have left them like that.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:47 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Captain, that looks like a very hot installation. Meaning that having the cans that close to the rider's position must be a bitch in traffic in the south. Clue us brother! I've been running around with the Sh with no fan for the past few weeks and it's like sitting on a furnace. The Jardines sit well behind the rider's position so the radiant heat is not right into the rider. The radiant heat off the rads is another matter.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Capt, is it possible to mount that Ohlins reservoir under the subframe spar? That's where I have my Fox.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:53 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Yeah Greg this is an old pic and everything was kinda mocked up. I was trying to find the tidiest place to put it. I'd really like to get/have made some nice brackets for it instead of those cheap metal zip ties they give you. I didn't even want to use them and scratch everything up. And Doug honestly I bought those pipes for really cheap and then resold them. You know how it is while I had them laying around I HAD to try them out so I fitted them up. Rode around the block but nothing long enough to tell you how hot they'd get. Seemed like they'd be ok though. I wear full gear when I ride so it's an oven if I'm in traffic regardless of where the pipes are Still is search of an exhaust that DOESN'T sound good on this bike but no luck so far...
Old 06-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Squid

sgl_ronin is on a distinguished road
Hey guys... I have a similar problem with my Two Brothers mounted high.. I have no passenger pegs and many who want to partake of the ride on DaVinci (what the bike has been christened) Any suggestions for the rear brackets that will allow both the pipes and the pegs??
Old 06-19-2007, 12:31 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Jardines, Leo's, and others have longer bolts and spacers that space out the passenger pegs allowing them to clear the mufflers. Contact Jardine, I know they used to sell individual parts. If not I'm sure you can put something together pretty easily at home depot and/or a bolt supply store. They sell aluminum tubing that you could cut for spacers and then you just have to get some longer bolts. Welcome aboard by the way!
Old 06-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Squid

sgl_ronin is on a distinguished road
Awesome man! that's just what I needed to hear. Now I know which way to go. Thanks Cap'n.