Blue/White ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 07:26 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

joshuatest is an unknown quantity at this point
Blue/White ???

Ok....

So I have a Sharkskinz lower coming in next week... And i've been toying with exactly what i'm going to do as far as painting... Originally i figured i would paint it the Candy Tahitian Blue that my bike is... And since my bike is brand new, as long as i get it painted properly, it should match up just fine...

BUT... I got to thinking about it...

What if i paint the lower fairing white, and then paint the tail white, but leave the rear seat cowl blue... So basically there is a angled line that changes from blue to white...

any thoughts?

I may would then have a white decal cut to make some sort of white stripe up through the side fairings and part of the tank to add to it...

and thinking about stripping the stickers off of it too...

What are your thoughts? Idea's?

If i paint it black/white or something, i will probably do it myself... Its winter time, so i'm not riding anyway, i've got plenty of time to paint it properly myself... but since the bike is brand new, if i match the blue, i'll have to pay somebody to do it... if its not exact, it wouldn't look right
Old 02-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Back Marker

jbeber is on a distinguished road
Take a good picture of the bike and Photoshop it 'till your eyes bleed...(or until you come up with a color combo you like)....don't forget to share the pics with us!
Old 02-07-2008, 07:33 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

Well... I don't have photoshop, nor am i good with it... but i just took a picture of somebody's bike with a sharkskinz lower on it already from this site, and used paint to change it to blue, then tried differant colors.. but thats hard to tell...

I hate to change to much as its a brand new bike... i think 13 miles on it... lol And my wife will flip.. but if i do blue/white... i could paint the lower white, and have my friend just cover the other blue parts that i want white with vynil decals, so not actually having to paint a already brand new paintjob...

what do you guys feel about removing decals???????
Old 02-07-2008, 08:38 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

Anybody got pictures of a blue superhawk with either a black or blue lower fairing?

after thinking about it more, since the blue is somewhat dark, it probably wouldn't look bad with black too... Since the rims are black, and if i get the smoke tail light, and some black vynil graphics too... kinda a flat black or something..

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm