SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Members Rides (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/)
-   -   VTR Of The Month - January 2009 - Winner: RCVTR! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/vtr-month-january-2009-winner-rcvtr-17097/)

hawxter996 01-16-2009 10:38 AM

there is a bike missing that should be in here also.

that would be mr.billets bike.

guess he doesnt post much.

eta. his photos are gone.

cliby 01-18-2009 11:09 AM

this is a great thread with some really nice bikes. I hadn't read through it before but looking through all the pictures and reading about the mods I'm really amazed at the passion this particular model generates, and how lucky we have greg, the moderators and active posters and good people that keep this forum alive all these years. A big thanks to all of them/you. If its a bike of the month, remember there are 11 other months to choose from.

I like the idea of the calendar. We just made a family one through shutterfly I think: they used good quality paper and had lots of options for about $15-20. If at years end we have 12 fotos we like I'd be happy to submit them to a similar operation and those who wanted a calendar could simply pay for them. just a thought - we have all year.

bill

grasshoppermouse 01-18-2009 04:35 PM

love the castrol honda

Killemall 01-18-2009 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by RCVTR (Post 196036)
Yeah RCs bike is sweet. I've been meaning to mention it.
Nice job, Rick!

RCVTR your SH was amazing too. It must have been painfull letting her go. What are you riding now?

nuhawk 01-18-2009 07:17 PM

This has all been very fun and I think we should continue to work at it. I like the idea of a calendar very much. I buy at least 5 calendars a year around the apartment and the offices so having a Superhawk calendar or two would be great.

I have some problems with voting for VTR of the Month. Not for one reason but several.

Number one is that if I vote for one bike I may offend a friend that owns a competing bike. Number two is my ambivalence about voting for bikes that are now parts or bikes that are not yet on the road (my top two choices 'cause their friends of mine).

I remember Mr. Billet, Motojoe, and you're right he had a great looking bike. He's sort of dropped off the planet since so we can't go there. Yes, all the pictures were lost in the last server crash.

I think we should have a straight ahead bike of the month for two months and then a bike of "honorable mention" - retired or building (but not currently streetable) so that we can honor both our past and our future. The "streeters" would have the majority of the months as running/racing machines.

Those with dirty ole factory headers would be disqualified immediately. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

The mod list should be accompanied by a wish list. You've done all this work but where are you taking your Superhawk next.

inderocker 01-18-2009 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by nuhawk (Post 196518)
This has all been very fun and I think we should continue to work at it. I like the idea of a calendar very much. I buy at least 5 calendars a year around the apartment and the offices so having a Superhawk calendar or two would be great.

I have some problems with voting for VTR of the Month. Not for one reason but several.

Number one is that if I vote for one bike I may offend a friend that owns a competing bike.

Number two is my ambivalence about voting for bikes that are now parts or bikes that are not yet on the road (my top two choices 'cause their friends of mine).

I plan on running 11 VTROTM's January-November, Then taking all 11 winners as instant nominees for VTR Of The Year in December.

Like I said in a previous post , the first few times around we'll take what we can get. This has not been done here before (...that I can remember), so we had no idea what kind of turnout there would be.

oahu hawk 01-18-2009 09:43 PM

Those with dirty ole factory headers would be disqualified immediately.

I'm out then...:mad:

hawxter996 01-19-2009 03:52 AM

Number one is that if I vote for one bike I may offend a friend that owns a competing bike. Number two is my ambivalence about voting for bikes that are now parts or bikes that are not yet on the road (my top two choices 'cause their friends of mine).

I remember Mr. Billet, Motojoe, and you're right he had a great looking bike. He's sort of dropped off the planet since so we can't go there. Yes, all the pictures were lost in the last server crash.

I think we should have a straight ahead bike of the month for two months and then a bike of "honorable mention" - retired or building (but not currently streetable) so that we can honor both our past and our future. The "streeters" would have the majority of the months as running/racing machines.

Those with dirty ole factory headers would be disqualified immediately. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

The mod list should be accompanied by a wish list. You've done all this work but where are you taking your Superhawk next.

targeting the competition......ehh?

LOL...good idea!

Tweety 01-19-2009 06:50 AM

Does that mean I'll have to clean mine?!?

Or I could just modify them with a sledgehammer a bit...:)

inderocker 01-19-2009 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tweety (Post 196561)
Does that mean I'll have to clean mine?!?

Or I could just modify them with a sledgehammer a bit...:)

I hear the sledgehammer mod adds a million-billion hp... I'd go that route. :p

Tweety 01-19-2009 03:11 PM

Well... unless the stubborn clamp on the rear one wont loosen tomorrow I just might... Whoever said (re)building bikes takes patience was wrong... It usually requires blood and a whole lot of frustration...:)

inderocker 01-30-2009 09:55 AM

I'll be out of town until the 2nd. I will update this thread and start February's then.

FirestormMike 01-30-2009 11:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I know I haven't visited the site for a very long time, but here's mine just after I got it finished, then sold it for an RC-51. Thinking of getting another soon though, this time I'm fancying a streetfighter.

Attachment 29900

nuhawk 01-30-2009 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by hawxter996 (Post 196550)
targeting the competition......ehh?

LOL...good idea!

Get your ass back together and come ride with us.

VTRsurfer 01-30-2009 08:48 PM

motojoe knows how to get votes, but it doesn't seem to be working.:confused:

motojoe 01-31-2009 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer (Post 198085)
motojoe knows how to get votes, but it doesn't seem to be working.:confused:

Thank you. Need to get atleast one more vote before this ends. Four is a good even number.

VTRumble 02-01-2009 07:32 AM

Just want to say thanks to everyone who voted for me, and congrats RCVTR. 11 more to go!!

RCVTR 02-02-2009 11:33 AM

Thanks to everyone who participated! This is a great honor, one of the best I've ever recieved. That project meant a lot to me.

I have to dedicate it to my god friend Bob Hayashida. I have known him for many years, long before I ever thought about building motorcycles. I watched him build several motorcycles, the first being an '82 CB900F, with ti rods, ti valves, etc. in the living room of his condo in college. I always wondered how he learned to do that. I didn't know at that time about his racing involvement. I knew a little, but it didn't mean much. I just liked the machines.

I was out having sushi with him, my mom and dad and my brother, when he told us about the deal he was working with to start the distributorship with Moriwaki. We were having dinner at my brother's house and he brought in the brand-new, full titanium Superbike exhaust system for his VTR that he'd just recieved.

That's where the bug bit me. At the time, I never dreamed I would have one (a stage 1 version). It just grabbed hold and I went with it. I was finally able to purchase the exhaust system, with money I recieved form building Dean's-now my RC51 engine.

I was not much for detailing. It takes bout 5 minutes for me to get tired of polishing something that doesn't help make the bike go. That was my focus.

Thanks again! I'm truly and deeply honored.

hawxter996 02-02-2009 11:50 AM

Thanks

To all who voted for me!
as few as you all may be!

again thanks maybe next month?.....hint.....hint!

Hawkrider 02-08-2009 09:34 AM

RCVTR, please email me your high-res pics to gnemish at nycap dot rr dot com and I'll get them posted on SuperHawk996.net.

slot 02-08-2009 09:43 AM

^^^ Same here
Well done RCVTR

Thanks for the votes !!

D;)ve

inderocker 03-12-2009 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkrider (Post 195988)
New rule: The winner of every VTROTM get's pics uploaded to SuperHawk996.net!

So, what's up with this... you busy or somthing? :p

RCVTR 03-14-2009 05:47 AM

Yeah. Running all over the country. either busy or sitting in hotel rooms, writing reports.
time n a half today, dubble time tomorrow.

I missed the part about sending photos to Gman. Done.